New Viva HC Owner

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

New Viva HC Owner

Postby RoyF » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi all, I bought a Viva HC 1256 2dr yesterday and just signed up for the forum. Body is great, interior similar, genuine 4 owners, 88k miles, but engine suffers irratic revving and cuts out when hot, all of which I knew when I bought the car. So I may be asking for some help on this issue over the next few days. Anyway, that doesn't detract from my purchase as I'm sure it can be fixed but most importantly, the body of the car is really good which was my primary goal. If anyone lives nearby to Bognor Regis, I'd be most pleased to meet up at one of the many local classic car meets.
Regards, Roy
RoyF
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: New Viva HC Owner

Postby Retro morgs » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:28 pm

Hello and welcome Roy! Got any pics of your new pride and joy to share with us? Your in luck as there are a few members that are local to you and as it goes a couple of really handy one's! :D
68 HB bitza,72 HC 1159 Deluxe,74 HC 1800 SL auto,74 FE Ventora,94 2.8 Frontera
Retro morgs
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby RoyF » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:49 pm

I have a few pics but haven't worked out how to upload onto here from my PC yet. Will add a few soon hopefully. Colour is pale blue with black interior.
Thanks
RoyF
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby magnumsteve » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:10 pm

RoyF wrote:I have a few pics but haven't worked out how to upload onto here from my PC yet. Will add a few soon hopefully. Colour is pale blue with black interior.
Thanks

Hello and welcome. Easiest way to upload pics is to use photobucket or similar. Upload to that site and then copy the img or image and paste onto your post, easy with a little practice.
HC662 reporting for duty SAH!

Currently Viva-less.......
magnumsteve
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby RoyF » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:06 pm

A few pics of my car. Will post more once I've got the engine issue fixed. Been out in the garage tonight moving things around to make space to get the Viva in tomorrow. At least I can work on it in the dry now. Will keep you updated on what problems I encounter. Hopefully its just a carb fix.

RoyF
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby RoyF » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:07 pm

RoyF wrote:A few pics of my car. Will post more once I've got the engine issue fixed. Been out in the garage tonight moving things around to make space to get the Viva in tomorrow. At least I can work on it in the dry now. Will keep you updated on what problems I encounter. Hopefully its just a carb fix.

Well that didn't work, will try this now;

RoyF
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby pbottomley » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:36 pm

Try using the Hosted Image tag when using image shack or photobucket ;) I edited your post using the hosted image tag for you :goodluck:
pbottomley

Postby Retro morgs » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:50 pm

Looks like a lovely car you got there! :D
68 HB bitza,72 HC 1159 Deluxe,74 HC 1800 SL auto,74 FE Ventora,94 2.8 Frontera
Retro morgs
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby RoyF » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:52 pm

pbottomley wrote:Try using the Hosted Image tag when using image shack or photobucket ;) I edited your post using the hosted image tag for you :goodluck:

Many thanks
RoyF
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby dann01 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:30 am

Gorgious looking car... Nice purchase.

Dan
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Next

Return to Say Hello