hello

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

hello

Postby bobblehead006 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:15 pm

Hello there, i'm part way through sorting my 73 hc 2 door and have a 2ltr 8v and type 9 box for it. The car itself has only done 17000 from new so is in good order. I want this as my daily driver so have gone down this running gear route. The car is an ohv so the rear axle is going to be replaced. I noticed on here that another member has mentioned a volvo rear axle! If somebody could shed light as to which axle and what model it is i'd be very thankfull. I surved my time on vauxhalls and have spent the past 20 years driving trucks around europe, so am in my eliment now i have something of interest. I am registering with the owners club this weekend. I'm led to believe the car is known to the club as the previous owner is an old boy who earns some pocket money at work. If the car is known by anyone on here pray tell, plus any helpfull hints and advice will be greatfully recieved. The number is BDB 707L Many thanks Gordon.
bobblehead006
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: hello

Postby hbpeter » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:50 pm

Hello, we have the car listed in our register, but dont have any info or pictures of it. Anychance you could take a few and post them up?

Peter :welcome:
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby bobblehead006 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:15 pm

Hi Peter, i will sort some pic's out and get them posted up as soon as possible. :P
bobblehead006
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby magnumsteve » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:22 pm

Hi and welcome, sounds like a sensible engine swap for daily use. My 2.3 Magnum is good in the poke dept but not in the wallet! :D
HC662 reporting for duty SAH!

Currently Viva-less.......
magnumsteve
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby bobblehead006 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:43 pm

Hi steve, due to moving house and that affecting the insurance premiums quite alot i had to go down this route as i can't afford to have it as a 2nd car with a mad omega 3.2 v6 and manual box as origianally thats the route i was strongly considering.... I know slightly nuts but would be great fun, 8v is a more forgiving in the cam belt and valve department and more economical. In my opinion the vauxhall box is more chunky than a type 9. Still working on some pic's .. the ones i have about have the 1256 motor in before a change of direction was decided.
bobblehead006
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby hbpeter » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:30 pm

Any pictures will do, someone else tried the Omega V6, would need a lot of work to make it fit.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Return to Say Hello