Hello from Austria

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Hello from Austria

Postby amp_phil » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:38 pm

Hello

my name is Philipp and I'm from Austria. I mainly work on Opel oldtimers, especially my Ascona A for racing. The other Opels await restoration and are therefore not mobile. When looking for a classic Opel as a sunday driver, I stumbled upon two Vauxhalls.

The seller bought them with the garage in which they were stored in, but had no idea what he actually had there.

I didn't recognise the model first either, but I liked it and the price was tempting. Also the nicer one of the two Vivas was on the streets only two years before, so the working condition couldn't be that bad. I bought them the next day, before someone else could.

Now, a bit more than a year and a lot of new wearing parts later, the Viva is ready to hit the road again. The most parts were easy to be found on eBay, but there are some parts (sports steel rims, window sealings,...) I don't need, but I would want to have :wink:, and thats why I found my way to this forum.

Now I'm a proud owner of a yellow Viva HC 1256 from 77 and a blue Viva HC 1256 from 72 (for parts or restoration).

cheers,
Philipp
1977 Viva HC 1256
1972 Viva HC 1256
amp_phil
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Hello from Austria

Postby thomas » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:18 pm

:welcome:
Greetings Philipp; Yellow HC looks stunning, Yellow 2-door ones in particular make me all nostalgic - seaside, chips and inferno hot vinyl seats on bare sunburned skin, all spring to mind - but the blue one looks quite tidy too and a viable project, a '72 would be age-related exempt from road tax over here. Together they are beautiful. Love the looks of the Ascona too, far more stylish than the equivalent droop nose Mk1 Cavaliers we had over here.
:coolpics: :goodluck:
thomas
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby bedfordbad » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:57 pm

:coolpics: very nice, looks lovely in yellow, will the other one ever see the road again?
Ascona is nice too! Is it still the 1.9 engine?
BEDFORD HAE AAB412H
BEDFORD HA ROMA UJJ742F
BEDFORD HA 130 TNN514R
VARIOUS HA VANS AND ROMA`S FOR SPARES.
bedfordbad
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby amp_phil » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:46 pm

thomas wrote::welcome:
Greetings Philipp; Yellow HC looks stunning, Yellow 2-door ones in particular make me all nostalgic - seaside, chips and inferno hot vinyl seats on bare sunburned skin, all spring to mind - but the blue one looks quite tidy too and a viable project, a '72 would be age-related exempt from road tax over here. Together they are beautiful. Love the looks of the Ascona too, far more stylish than the equivalent droop nose Mk1 Cavaliers we had over here.
:coolpics: :goodluck:

thanks for the welcome! I'm glad my interior is black cloth and not vinyl :wink:
although I like the look of the blue vinyl seats in the blue Viva very much, I'd rather sit in the cloth ones with head rests.

bedfordbad wrote::coolpics: very nice, looks lovely in yellow, will the other one ever see the road again?
Ascona is nice too! Is it still the 1.9 engine?

compared to the yellow one the workload on the blue one is a lot more, but I have a lot of projects waiting, and racing with the Ascona takes quite some maintenance too.

And what to do with 2 1256 Vivas? I wouldn't mind swapping the blue one for a Firenza though :) . The previous owner had the second Viva for spare parts, but as it seems he never took anything out, in fact it is filled with extra spare parts :wink:

Both Vivas are original left-hand-driven austrian distribution. I didn't even know that Vauxhall was sold here parallel to Opel, so they are for sure quite rare in Austria.

The Ascona has a 2,5 CIH engine with 45 Weber carburators.

Cheers,
Philipp
1977 Viva HC 1256
1972 Viva HC 1256
amp_phil
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby hbpeter » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:24 pm

Hello and welcome. Well done for saving these cars. Both look very good. Whats the number plates on the cars so we can add them to our register?

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby magnumsteve » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:35 am

Hello and welcome. Two very nice Viva's, I prefer the blue to the yellow but both 2 door as well, what a great find. :coolpics:
HC662 reporting for duty SAH!

Currently Viva-less.......
magnumsteve
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Say Hello