Hello from Luton

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Hello from Luton

Postby TheMightyOz » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:55 pm

Hi,

After going to Classics on the Common in Harpenden last month I got the desire for a classic car of my own and despite a very limited budget the dangers of having the ebay app on my phone have become all too apparent as I now own this 1978 Viva 1300 GLS.

I plan to restore it, although my knowledge of mechanics, electrics, bodywork and pretty much everything else is absolutely nil, but I figure the best way to learn is to have a go. I imagine I'll be on here asking questions a lot!

Cheers.
TheMightyOz
First Post
First Post

Re: Hello from Luton

Postby MYDADHADONEOFTHOSE » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:26 am

Hi mate - good to hear of another GLS owner...!

- Take a lot at the pics I took of my refurbishment in the 'Restoration' section of the website. I have a very good and relaible chap here in Norfolk who could probably sort out your car for a reasonable outlay - let me know what you think after reading the threads.

I could email you some images of what my GLS was like when first bought by me in April, before any work was carried out to it - images of which are not on this forum.

Good luck with whatever course of action you decide upon.

John. :goodluck:
MYDADHADONEOFTHOSE
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: Hello from Luton

Postby hbpeter » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:03 pm

Hello and welcome. I too have a 1300GLS. Ask as many questions as you like, no matter how silly they sound. Be warned though, body/interior parts for Vivas are hard to come by. Quite off you will have to repair what you have. If you join the club you will get access to the club spares scheme, the rest of the forum, and club magazine. Most mechanical parts can be sourced. As normal, keep your eye on ebay!

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Return to Say Hello