Hello from Adelaide via Stockholm

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Hello from Adelaide via Stockholm

Postby niftynevins » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:32 pm

Hi everyone im well overdue to introduce myself I have been a member for a couple of years and regulary enjoy the content on the forum.

I have owned and still own many Vauxhalls. Only various HA models as far as Viva's are concerned.
I currently own three HA's although sadly they are 14,000 miles from me right now as I live and work in Sweden at the moment. I also have a 71 FD Ventora, 53 E velox ute and a 37 GY.

All three viva's were manufactured in 64.
First one is a Deluxe and is an English import and is a full restoration project. Reg 233684
Second is an Australian assembled Deluxe. Recent prize winner but sadly got hit hard from behind and is now a huge project. Reg VVU594
Third is an Australian assembled standard restored in 95 and has been in regular service since. VTV006

I have owned many HA's over the years including an SL (very rare in Australia), HA van and Camper. I learnt to drive in VTV006 and have covered many miles all over Australia in all of my cars.

I lived in the UK for almost four years and attended Billing and lots of other events and have met quite a few of you. I was also at the parts day in March, hopefully I can pop over for some events next year.

In December I will fly to Australia for two months so I cant wait to get into the shed and start playing. I will hopefully be more actiive on here, it is hard looking on here and seeing everyone out in their sheds tinkering.

I will have a crack at uploading some photos I only have a few here but at least its a start :)

Cheers Andrew
64 HA Viva Brabham GT restoration project
64 HA Viva Deluxe Adelaide assembled restored
64 HA Viva standard Adelaide assembled restored

37 Vauxhall 25HP GY Sloper restoration project
53 Vauxhall Velox Ute original
71 Vauxhall FD Ventora 2 restored
niftynevins
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: Hello from Adelaide via Stockholm

Postby hbpeter » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:58 pm

Ok, hello and welcome. You know by now we like lots of pics! You have a Standard HA, thats megga rare, photos of that one especially please!!

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby niftynevins » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:01 pm

Hi Peter cheers for the quick reply.
I have a couple of photos of one of them and I have many photos on my hard drive which I will hunt down this week.
I have opened a photobucket account and reduced the size. How do I get it on here now as it wont let me copy and paste?

niftynevins
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby hbpeter » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:06 pm

You should be able to post a link to the photobucket site. Otherwise just type it in manually and folk will have to copy it, or send me a PM with the link and I will post it.

Peter
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby niftynevins » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:21 pm

bth_041_41[2].jpg
bth_041_41[2].jpg (8.23 KiB) Viewed 2505 times
bth_041_41[2].jpg
bth_041_41[2].jpg (8.23 KiB) Viewed 2505 times

Okay that works cheers.
Hopefully I will suss out a quicker way but hope you enjoy.
It is an HA Brabham GT I have owned the car since 97 and have been collecting parts to restore it to a high standard since. Im almost there as far as parts, I purchased a good second hand interior from Fred Dukes last year which was the main thing I needed as it copped the Aussie sun and I really wanted the correct trim.
I was going to start on this early last year but had a big accident in one of my other HA's which was just finished so after I rebuild that one I will crack on with the Brabham.
It has all three stages of the conversion and is fitted with twin SU's.
Everything is complete including the wide wheels, I will put it on my lift and get more shots when im home for Christmas but his is all I have for now.

Cheers Andrew
Attachments
bth_044_44[1].jpg
bth_044_44[1].jpg (8.86 KiB) Viewed 2505 times
bth_045_45[1].jpg
bth_045_45[1].jpg (10.5 KiB) Viewed 2505 times

niftynevins
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby hbpeter » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:26 pm

Good grief man!! Not only do you have a very rare Standard, but you have possibly the only HA Brabham in existance!!

Peter
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby niftynevins » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:38 pm

I really hope another one exhists, I have spoken to Sir Jack and he recalls there only being ten converted. He was not 100percent on this. I would love to know more history on this.
When I lived in the UK I spoke to many people about this but no one seemed to know any more than what the period roadtests and the brochure stated. I also spent a day in Surrey trying to find out any information from local museums etc.

I have no idea how this car arrived in Australia but it must have been almost brand new as the number plates were 64 or 65 from the research I could find. Definately before 67.
It has not been on the road since 72 (still has the sticker) and for 8 years of service it had a bloody hard life. It has two coats of paint not to mention the cortina style bumpers and green stripe (origonally red) it has scrapes and dents all over and lots of dodgy wiring etc. fortunately no rust though.
As for standard HA's they are common in Australia I have had at least four. I will dig out some photo''s when im home (i have lots of other HA's)

I also have a cool photo of my collection in about 03 when I had an SL, Roma, HA van, Brabham, Deluxe and standard all lined up.
As you get older though you have to be relistic and keep what is close to your heart. All of them are surviving and are restored or being restored.

niftynevins
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby dann01 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:54 am

Lucky bleeder. Need to look after that one.

Dan
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Return to Say Hello