My barn find HC GLS estate

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

My barn find HC GLS estate

Postby spiney_norman » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:19 pm

Well folks, guess it's about time I introduced myself properly around here! I'm Rob, I've been in the Manta club for years and I've had lots of Mantas and mk1 Cavaliers in this time, but a few months ago got my first Viva - a barn find GLS estate with 13k on the clock.

The full story's over on the Retro Rides forums, some of you may have seen it, but for those who haven't click here!

I've been lucky enough to source most of the parts I needed, the glass is now all in but the rear screen will be coming out again to fit the correct seal (thanks Stuart!) and the NS rear window has to come out again. Didn't realise you needed to fit the trim back into the rubber before putting the window back in, but I know now! I've also taken the interior out for a proper clean and to remove all the broken glass, so as soon as the new glass is in properly the rest of the interior can come back out of my Dad's spare bedroom. The front spotlamps have been rebuilt as one was mangled, but it's now straightened and back on the car. They've even got both Vauxhall plastic covers.

Anyway, some pictures!

First time I ever saw it;

I know they are a problem spot on estates, but these inner arches are mint.

More to come when Photobucket stops playing up.

Plans at the moment are to fit the set of locks and keys which are on their way from ebay, then try and get it running!
spiney_norman
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: My barn find HC GLS estate

Postby Fred Dukes » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:03 pm

looks like a good rescue - glad to hear you have found glass for it - rear screen and seal are very hard to come by.
If you are at the NEC this weekend we have a stand - would be nice to see you :P
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby spiney_norman » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:30 pm

Fred - I know! I'm in S Wales, the rear screen was in Exeter and the rubber was in Cirencester :D Still, all sorted now, I've got the spare tailgate listed on ebay and a rear screen spare if anyone needs one, otherwise it can stay with the car.

Don't think I'll be at the NEC this weekend sorry, it's a long way to go and I've got no money, I'll spend my Sunday tinkering with this one instead!
spiney_norman
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby hbpeter » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:20 pm

Hello and welcome. Good luck on getting it running and keep us informed on its progress. It has quite rare option GLS wheels as well.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Return to Say Hello