hello

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

hello

Postby whitecr » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:09 pm

Hi I am Chris and I have been a member of the vauxhall viva club for about 25 years. I first purchased a viva HA De Luxe 1964 with 15000 miles on the clock, it was white with a red roof and interior. one owner from new. Several years later I came across a viva HA SL90 in light blue with a dark blue stripe down the side. It required some work but was a runner so decided to purchase it to complement my viva de luxe. These two cars have been good reliable transport over the years and since I retired I decided to restore both cars. The white car still only had 30,000 miles on it but had stood outside my house for 8 years, admittedly under a cover that rotted away. This car was stripped out completely down to bare metal inside and out and professionally resprayed in an oven in 2pack. It has had all new braking systems, shocks etc, new roof lining, new carpets but the seats and door cards were fine. The car now looks better than new. I then started on the sl90, again engine and drive train come out and all bushes and oil seals etc replaced. this car was not stripped down to bare metal but was rubbed down and re-sprayed by myself as funds would not allow another professional re-spray, although the roof and bonnett were sprayed professionally because of the dust in my garage. The engine and gear box were re=painted as per the sl90 specification. A new roof lining and carpets fitted. Both cars were fitted with new period radios and heated rear screens. I am very pleased with the end results. They create a great amount of interest in the car shows in Sussex as we have never been to a car show where there is another viva HA (other than a vauxhall organised show). are there any members in Sussex interested in getting together to do the occasional run. If so contact me.
whitecr
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: hello

Postby hbpeter » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:12 pm

Hello and very welcome. Both cars sound very good, do you have any photos of them and whats the reg numbers? Pretty sure there will be members in your area, a local meet is good to keep the club going and attract new members.

Peter :welcome:
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby oli8925 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:27 pm

I'm in Tunbridge Wells on Kent's border with Sussex, would be good to get a few locals together. Where in Sussex are you?
1989 Blue Mini 1000 Rebuild
1975 White De Luxe Viva HC
1994 Saab 9000 CSE
2002 F*rd Puma Thunder
oli8925
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby GeorgeG93 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:46 pm

Im in Wadhurst and Heathfield in Sussex with a HC Viva, as Oli says it would be nice to get to know some more faces in the Viva scene!
GeorgeG93
SL Viva
SL Viva

Return to Say Hello