Thinking about maybe getting a Viva.

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Re: Thinking about maybe getting a Viva.

Postby Jeremy Oxton » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:13 pm

Four-doors is more useful, but rather rare. Whatever you buy, it will be an inexpensive car to buy, great to drive, but occasionally it may be very difficult to obtain parts.
Jeremy Oxton
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby cheviva » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:40 pm

Hi,

I have a feeling you are looking for what i have just found..

I will certainly give you a prod if my enthusiasm to restore it becomes out witted by my workload and decide to sell it on.

I already purchased a "NOS" ridge top wing for it and sill. going to dry it out with a fan heater and wash it before embarking on anything else

will put some pictures up.

cheers

bill
cheviva
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby MarkYoungIW » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:54 pm

Let me know. If it was the one off eBay (near Gatwick I think), I was going to go and have a look as it did appeal, although I didn't go and see it.

Thanks
1971 Viva SL 1159cc Automatic
MarkYoungIW
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby cheviva » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:01 pm

hi,

yes, bizarrely enough , of the 260 people or so who were watching that, the guy says not one came to see it, except for me

:shock:

as can be seen, it isn't one for the feint hearted , there should be a sill and wing here :)
Attachments
cheviva
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:02 pm

It is quite often the way - people will bid and even buy without going to see - then complain about the problems and sometimes refuse to pay :roll:
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby cheviva » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:08 pm

yep true fred. ebay can be a scary place..

I think i should win an award for the picture that forms my avatar.. it would make any secondhand salesman proud to of chosen such a good angle.. it hides all the holes , moss dents ..

haven't cleaned her up yet :o

The headlights are/were Cibie though and i have already got a new set ! yay
cheviva
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby MarkYoungIW » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:50 pm

Will certainly be interested if you decide not to go ahead with her for any reason. I had all good intentions, but the one day I was off the Isle of Wight and on the big Island during the auction, things all went a little wrong and I didn't get up there.

Congrats for getting her though, she looked good on the eBay photos, all the correct angles!! :D
1971 Viva SL 1159cc Automatic
MarkYoungIW
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby cheviva » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:14 pm

tbh i didn't expect to win her, the bidding was slow, half the world were watching it so i put a bid in for 40 over the current one near the end.

I really thought there was some big money/competition being thrown at it

Hoping to get time to clean her up a bit this week, take some more pics. Get her dried out etc..

Will be easier to work on once the chevette's back on the road.

cheers

bill

MarkYoungIW wrote:Will certainly be interested if you decide not to go ahead with her for any reason. I had all good intentions, but the one day I was off the Isle of Wight and on the big Island during the auction, things all went a little wrong and I didn't get up there.

Congrats for getting her though, she looked good on the eBay photos, all the correct angles!! :D
cheviva
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby cheviva » Mon May 13, 2013 4:13 pm

MarkYoungIW wrote:Let me know. If it was the one off eBay (near Gatwick I think), I was going to go and have a look as it did appeal, although I didn't go and see it.

Thanks

I am looking to sell on this HC, i bought a load of stuff for it including two NoS hightop wings , carb kit , rear light units etc..

If you are still interested then give me a shout. else i will stick her on Ebay, along with the bits :)

I was hoping to start proper work on it after i got my chevette on the road, now i have it on the road i have been offered another early chevette that was destined to be scrapped, so went and bought it :o

I don't have room for so many cars :o

bill
cheviva
SL Viva
SL Viva

Previous

Return to Say Hello