Hello

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Hello

Postby sixpotter » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Hi Folks
I grew up will Hb s in the seventies smashing em-- re-building em-- modifying em and more importantly doing all my courting in em.
First was OAX 47 F White 1159 SL sadly smashed beyond repair (not my fault)
then MNY 965E a green dl sold on then came
SMV 702 F a white dl with ,luxury of luxuries, a full length fold back webasto sun roof!!!
The last and best was GEU 375 H a dl 1600 lovely car but sadly was p exed for an L plate Hillman Hunter AAAAARRGH !!!
I decide to relive my misspent youth and get a white hb and bought XLC 523 G in the summer (now moved on) and in august bought KMR 341 F a white 11oo dl automatic which is now given much tlc in my garage!!
Does anyone now if any of these original ol ladies still exist please
Regards sixpotter
sixpotter
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Hello

Postby hbpeter » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:50 pm

Hello and welcome, quite a Viva history you have!!

OAX, MNY, SMV, GEU, we dont have any record of these cars, and neither does the DVLA, so chances are they are long gone. Do you have any pictures of them, and can you remember if they were 2dr, 4dr, est?

XLC we have records of, from ebay ads. Last known in Bournemouth in 2012, DVLA says still taxed so survives somewhere.

KMR, again got records of that one from ebay ads. One amazing car, is it as good as it looks? Whats your plans for it. Auto HB's are very very rare.

Ask any questions you like, although after owning that many HB's you can probably teach us a few things! If you join the Owners club you will get access to the club spares scheme, magazine, and the rest of the forum.

Peter :welcome:
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby dann01 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:31 am

Hello and welcome.

You have more Viva's than most... The auto box caris a rarity. Most people swap them out for manual boxes, hense so few original auto's around.

Dan
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby Icedmunkie » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:31 am

Welcome to the Forum,
Enjoyable history there, courting in a viva has to me more fun and comfortable that the front seats of a smelly land rover, which is where most of mine occurred... :oops:
All Smoke...... No Poke
Icedmunkie
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby sixpotter » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:12 pm

Hi again folks--
XLC was indeed bought in Bournemouth and brought back to Bristol but had been painted in ford "bright" white so was not as original as it should have been.Along with superlites,twin exhausts and 6cdplayer it was rather "blinged" so had to be moved on i m afraid. In the mean time i found KMR in Taunton and immediately fell in love with it.
Yes it is as good as was advertised--drives beautifully and is as original as is possible for a 45yr old viva with just 11 k on the clock,it certainly turns heads as it drives by.Will post soom pics as soon as weather is good enough to bring it out to play again. Cheers.
sixpotter
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby sixpotter » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:16 pm

Hi
As far as the courting in a Viva goes the missus has told she aint re-living THAT part of our youth !!!
sixpotter
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby spiney_norman » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:01 am

sixpotter wrote:Hi again folks--
XLC was indeed bought in Bournemouth and brought back to Bristol but had been painted in ford "bright" white so was not as original as it should have been.Along with superlites,twin exhausts and 6cdplayer it was rather "blinged" so had to be moved on i m afraid. In the mean time i found KMR in Taunton and immediately fell in love with it.
Yes it is as good as was advertised--drives beautifully and is as original as is possible for a 45yr old viva with just 11 k on the clock,it certainly turns heads as it drives by.Will post soom pics as soon as weather is good enough to bring it out to play again. Cheers.

11k? You managed to find a lower mileage Viva than mine on 13k, hats off to you sir!
spiney_norman
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby dann01 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:51 am

sixpotter wrote:Hi
As far as the courting in a Viva goes the missus has told she aint re-living THAT part of our youth !!!

Spoil sport :(
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby Fred Dukes » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:25 pm

Welcome to the Forum - if you have not sorted insurance out - by becoming a full member we have a couple of tame insurance brokers offering discounts up to 15% :P
If you want to join up fill in the form and send it to me and we will sort you out a full membership
InquiryLetter.doc
(25 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
Application Form.doc
(35.5 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Return to Say Hello