79 1300 GLS updated 20/10/13

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Re: hi from the south west

Postby Greytop47 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:27 pm

I have just bought a HB SL90 back to Devon ( just outside of Tiverton ) so if there are meetings please let me know.
Greytop47
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby hbpeter » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:58 pm

Keiths well known SL90.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby viva les vegas » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:38 am

Now that I've seen Haza1024's and michaelmate's (both on the A377 I might add) I've got another to look out for :-)
Remember, some days you're the statue, and others, you're the pigeon ;)
Life is a journey, not a destination.

used to be HB259
viva les vegas
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby michaelmate » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:58 am

viva les vegas wrote:Now that I've seen Haza1024's and michaelmate's (both on the A377 I might add) I've got another to look out for :-)

I first saw nac363's hb on the A377, perhaps its a strange mecca for Viva's to be drawn to ! :lol:
Projects........Projects........Projects!
HC 391
michaelmate
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby bulldog » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:55 pm

HBPeter wrote:Keiths well known SL90.
nty.jpg
nty1.jpg
nty2.jpg

Peter

She still looks good shame there's a silly Gb sticker on her should be Crome 8)
Mike would be nice to see the old HB again some time :mrgreen:
mike

1972 firenza 2000 sl turbo
1969 HB 1159 2 door deluxe [Fungus]
1968 HB 1159 2 door sl90
hc 325
bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: Viva 1300 GLS major update 20/10/13

Postby haza1024 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:05 am

hey guys havnt had a great deal of time on my hands to get stuff up on here but i have some updates for you.
im no longer in the uk but i will return in December, finished up with college in may and got the old girl out of storage.
put a couple of hours on her in the workshop checked everything then took her down for mot. passed with no advisories so cant complain at that!

got some new shoes but have saved the old ones as pointed out by you guys they are the un common addition to the gls's??

either way did a couple of months trouble free driving starting and running beautifully until my head gasket kicked the bucket... nuts!

one head skim and valve seats and valves cut and the head was back on with a new gasket obviously! i loved the fact my head gasket blew and it cost me 150 to do it including the machining work on the head. the old gasket blew between cylinder 3 and 4 and was making quite a nasty sound. 20 mins later i had the head off in the shop and down to the machinists. waited longer for the new gasket but hey it gave me time to check other things under the hood.

done some light rolling resto... removed the chrome trim to reveal all the holes for the clips were rusty. removed all the clips and shotblasted around the holes to remove the rust then plugged the holes with sealer and painted a black strip down either side of the car. when i get back home i will spot weld plates behind the holes and filler over them as my trim is past it. this is how she looks now. haha

Currently she is back in storage and has been since july 12th. i finished college and got a harvesting and seed cleaning job in Manitoba Canada which is where i have been since the 13th of july. its bleddy cold too -5 as a high today :shock:

just getting some parts out here everytime i go shopping which is nice with the exchange rate. the stores here are so much better for getting parts at home. either that or i need to open my eyes a bit. i cant find anything better though than looking at what you want to buy instead of a picture on a website. got some dash dials just waiting for matching speedo to come up to the border from the states so i can go pick it up and save the $30 import charges!!

back home in Devon for early december for a few months until it warms up here again so i can go back to my job here and start spring cultivations and seeding for 2014, busy busy. that leaves me december, january, febuary, and some of march to get this 13b in... me and the old man had a major convo on the phone today and its safe to say he's getting keen on the idea now too.

until then there is not a lot i can do except for buy things i find on ebay like seats, dashes and door cards!

also if anyone would like to help me out on one thing and that is the carpet in my car... its done it time i think and i want to put in fresh when ive finished the conversion. what have people done to put new stuff in? thanks Harry
haza1024
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby haza1024 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:07 am

keithtarbox wrote:I have just bought a HB SL90 back to Devon ( just outside of Tiverton ) so if there are meetings please let me know.

nice to see there are guys around me that have vivas we will have to have a Devon meet up in Exeter or Plymouth etc at some point!
haza1024
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: 79 1300 GLS updated 20/10/13

Postby haza1024 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:18 am

Also is there a way to move this to Modifications as i think we have moved on from the first date!!
Harry
haza1024
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby hbpeter » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:42 pm

Welcome back. Car looks good. Blown headgasket not uncommon after a period of not being used, but as you found out, very easy to fix! Carpet sets on ebay quite often. Quite a lot of members in the Devon area.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby Fred Dukes » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:23 pm

I have a set of GLS swage line stips for a 4 door GLS - I think one peice has a bend in it if I remember - Rachael had the best set!
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Previous

Return to Say Hello