Hello from a new-ish!! member

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Hello from a new-ish!! member

Postby Bob perry » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:50 am

Hi all, I've just got back to my Viva HA project after many years, due to work commitments, but now I am semi retired I can give it a bit more time, so hope to be talking and meeting with some of you soon.

Iam a lapsed member of the 'old' Viva Club HA130 but will now be re-newing to continur the work.

My baby is a 1966 HA SL MPF556D in white with a black side stripe and black interior. I have rebuilt the engine, fitted a new clutch and a BRAND NEW gearbox, obtained from a vauxhall dealer in London some years ago for £20-00!!

Currently working on the bodywork which is in pretty good nick, but having a bit of a problem with some of the rubber seals which have perished.

Fitted a new front screen seal but damaged the blooming thing fitting the chrome insert!!!!! will have to fork out for another one now, dammit!
Anyone got a decent one?? new or good second hand not bothered, although would prefer new of course.

Also having problems with the fuel supply at the moment. Cant get any pumped through to the carb. Changed the pump and cleared the valve at the tank so it must be a line blockage. Next job when/IF, it gets warmer.

Talk to you all soon and will send some pics when I can.

Bob
Mona Viva
Bob perry
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: Hello from a new-ish!! member

Postby hbpeter » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:08 pm

Hello and rewelcome. Look forward to the pictures. Fuel does sound like a blocked line, might be an idea to just replace it and fit a filter.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby hbpeter » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:36 pm

Was this car rescued from a scrapyard in 1975? Used till about 1983, and is the reg number actually MPF 552D? Or is this a different car?

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby Bob perry » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:09 am

Hello Peter, yes this is the same car. I was a member of the Viva Club No HA 31 and have just got back to the project after many lapsed years due to work commitments. I am semi retired now so I can at last get back to it.

Will send some more pics when I get her out of the garage and the dust sheets off.

Can't wait for some warm weather.
Mona Viva
Bob perry
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Say Hello