New member from Canada with 1965 Enovy Epic (like Viva HA)

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

New member from Canada with 1965 Enovy Epic (like Viva HA)

Postby Dave7 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:27 pm

So I bought this little guy last night for dirt cheap. It is the optimistically named Envoy Epic which is a Canadian only variant on the Vauxhall Viva HA sold at Chevrolet/Oldsmobile dealers. The Vauxhall Viva was also sold in Canada at Pontiac/Oldsmobile dealers. There is a bit more info here - http://www.curbsideclassic.com/curbside ... beginning/

The car is very solid - pretty much rust free with some dents and dings. It runs and drives but needs a little carb work - an accelerator pump diaphragm for the Solex. Anyone got a parts supplier for this? Give it too much gas and it bogs and stalls.

Interior is pretty awful however. Very much sun damaged as vinyl is extremely brittle and foam has degraded. Back seat seems ok but I suspect it will crack the first time it is sat on.

It has 46k miles on the odometer which could very well be original. All the hubcaps are accounted for. The chrome strip down the side makes it a Deluxe! The Enovy version usually used the higher trim Vauxhall headlights or tail light to differentiate it from the Vauxhall version in Canada. So all Envoys of this generation used the round tail lights. Oddly they are all red unlike the UK SL which is two red and one orange. The Canadian Vauxhall Viva used the lower trim lights. I believe mine is a Deluxe high trim due to the chrome strip along the side. Not sure what else Deluxe would bring with it.

Not sure what my plans are for it yet. Pictures taken at seller's place and I'm going to store it for a month or so to get my Mercedes finished up then bring home. I'll get it roadworthy as is first and see were to go from there.

Dave7
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: New member from Canada with 1965 Enovy Epic (like Viva HA)

Postby hbpeter » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:22 pm

Hello and welcome. Car dosnt look to bad. Interior stuff is very very rare. Just have to keep your eyes open and hope for the best. For the carb, can still get repair kits, ukebay, Burlen Fuel Systems might be able to help. If you join the owners club you will get access to the parts department who might have some carb parts.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby timbuk » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:16 am

welcome from another owner from vancouver island got some spares around here pm me
car guy from canada
timbuk
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Stu. » Sat May 25, 2013 4:45 am

cool car!, im looking for one myself at the moment, good luck with it..
Stu.
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Return to Say Hello