Ha Viva Van Engine

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Ha Viva Van Engine

Postby stepsteps » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:04 pm

Hi all I am a new member , purchased a GPO Bedford HA Van back in October 12 been sat in scarp yard for over 10 years so going to bring back to life, worked at Vauxhall back in my teenage days many moons ago first job at Vauxhall funny enought was drilling the holes in the roof for the gpo roof racks in Q Block.
Anyway taken old engine out as completely sized , picked up auto 1256 Chevette engine , but noticed the crankshaft flange diffrent not sure what to do. Many Thanks Steve
stepsteps
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Ha Viva Van Engine

Postby hbpeter » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:08 pm

Hello and welcome. Got any photos of the Van, and whats its reg number? Think you have to swap the flywheel for a manual version but not sure. Might be quicker to get a manual engine. IF you join the Owners club you will get accsess to the club spares, the rest of the forum and the club mag.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby stepsteps » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:33 pm

Hi
Joining club this month and reg is TPN 166X
Steve
stepsteps
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby pbottomley » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:35 pm

Anyway taken old engine out as completely sized , picked up auto 1256 Chevette engine , but noticed the crankshaft flange diffrent not sure what to do. Many Thanks Steve

The automatics were missing a bush in the end of the crank, I have spares, send me a PM and I can get one in the post to you (mind you I have to find the buggers first!).

Only other thing might be the started motor mount, as the block was slightly different, but if your block still have the two bolt holes for the starter then you will be fine.

:goodideasign:
pbottomley

Postby Fred Dukes » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:13 pm

1256 Chevette engine going in Manchester see for sale thread
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Return to Say Hello