Hullo (again!)

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Hullo (again!)

Postby Bluenose Rab » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:07 pm

Hullo everybody. I've finally got round to sending my membership application to (re)join the club. My wife will post it tomorrow or Wednesday whenever she can. I look forward to getting my membership through.
( you might remember I sent pictures of my HA, EMK 253B last year, & I believe it was put on the register)
Previously I was HA165 but membership lapsed some years ago, so here we go again, at last!
Bluenose Rab
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Hullo (again!)

Postby hbpeter » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:29 pm

Re welcome. Yes we have the car in the register, DVLA has a date of first reg of 2-1-2000? Whats the plan for the car, is it up and running.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby dann01 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:52 am

Welcome back. Remember it's the Viva HA's 50th Birthday this year, so it would be nice to see it at one or other of the events around.

Dan
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby Bluenose Rab » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:58 pm

HBPeter wrote:Re welcome. Yes we have the car in the register, DVLA has a date of first reg of 2-1-2000? Whats the plan for the car, is it up and running.

Peter

I got the car in 1999, after my Aunt Annie sadly passed away. As the car had been in the garage for 27 years, it didnae exist on the DVLA database. I've got the original brown logbook (sadly during my attempts to legitimise the car some numpty jobsworth at the local DVLA office in Nottingham stamped "Cancelled" all over it ffs!), but eventually the Swansea folk accepted its existence & issued a new V5. Hence the date of 2/1/2000. The car is running, taxed (f.o.c), MOT'd & insured and has been since about 3 weeks after I inherited it. Sadly, I've never used it enough, so I keep having wee problems, purely through lack of use. This year though, it's done approx 100 miles, & now has slightly over 35000 on the clock (which I know to be genuine). The latest problem is a fuel supply one, which I suspect to be due to corrosion inside the tank as a result of the moisture in the air inside the tank, resulting in corrosion & flaking thereby blocking the fuel lines/filter/carburettor. Never mind standing for 27 years with some petrol in the tank, since I've had it, it's had another 14 years of doing very little, again with not a lot of petrol in it. Am I on the right lines d'ye think?
To compound matters, the local garage (2 miles away) that sold 4 star has stopped selling it, just a few weeks ago. Bugger! Still, there are solutions, yes?
Bluenose Rab
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby hbpeter » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:37 pm

Could very well be on the right track as regards the fuel. Use unleaded fuel, some people use an addative like Castrol Valve Master, but if the car isnt used much it should be ok with out an addative. Might need the timming tweaking on unleaded and it might run slightly hotter.

Other people have had issues with fuel tanks same as yours. No dout someone will come along and inform you of the options.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Return to Say Hello