If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Postby Vauxste » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:53 pm

Hi all
Just starting to restore a 1970 HB Viva deluxe. Been in family since new and has stood in a garage for 12 years. It is now in my garage on axle stands. It needs a re spray and the bottom of the lh wing has rusted which can be repaired. Only major item is the lh top of the boot lid has rusted away together with the body boot aperture channel where seal sits. Going to make a panel for this area and mig it in. Boot lid could be a problem. I imagine boot lids are non existent now. Also will have to source a new boot lid seal together with front and rear screen seals. Oh well it's a long term project so will not be rushing.Probably be asking a few more questions as time goes on

Steve Douglas
Vauxste
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: New member

Postby hbpeter » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:03 pm

Hello and welcome. Got any photos of the car and its reg number? If you join the owners club you will get access to the spares scheme and the rest of the forum and club magazine. Boot lids turn up now and again on ebay and on here(second hand but usable). Think the boot seal can be bought from Woolies. Screen rubbers are in the process of being remanufactured. Ask any questions you like.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby dann01 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:40 am

Welcome... Cars that have been in the family since new are a rarity. You might get lucky with a boot lid, there is a VBOA parts day next March (Advertised in the classic press and the club mag) at which almost anything can be found usually. Some pics when you get the chance would be nice. We like pics here. :D

Dan
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby Vauxste » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:51 pm

Hi all

Thanks for the replies. Car needs re registering. No is ADM 573 H. It was bought from Braids Motors in Ewloe North Wales March 1970. Still have all original docs. Will post up some pics when I can. Lots of work to do on it,it's a long term resto as I have other cars that need TLC as well. First job make a plate for the rotten Lh top boot lid body aperture. Will keep in touch with pics and you guys can tell me were I am going wrong LOL. Also I work for Vauxhall, started in 1974 building HC viva so there is not much I don't know about them. Looking forward to the help I know I will get off you guys. Have met and spoke to some of you over the years at various car shows and hopefully one day my HB will be parked next to some of yours. Will join the club ASAP.

Now where's me hammer LOL

Steve
Vauxste
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby dann01 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:00 am

The DVLA may require you to get the reg number and car verified by an approved club so that it can retain it's original registration number. The club is able to do this via the V765 and is free to full members.

Just something to consider. Good luck.

Dan
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby NormanG » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:28 pm

hi i have 2 spare boot lids if you need one .norman.
NormanG
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby hbpeter » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:07 pm

DVLA still have it listed.

The vehicle details for ADM 573H are:
Date of Liability 01 03 1999
Date of First Registration 17 03 1970
Year of Manufacture 1970
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1159cc
CO₂ Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type PETROL
Export Marker N
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour BLUE

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Return to Say Hello