A Big Hello To All

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

A Big Hello To All

Postby Mytimenow » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:48 pm

Hi Everyone, I'm Steve from South Lincolnshire. I've belonged to this forum for about 6 months, and feel that the time has come being nearly 50 to either trade the wife in or buy a classic!!!! I have fond memories of days out in my grand parents viva HA HB & HC, but what sticks in my head most is their white HB with the black vinyl roof. So I'm on the look out for local pub meets in South Lincs/Cambridge/Northampton, to drool over others members cars as I don't have one yet. So my next step is to join the paid membership club, and hopefully meet members far and wide. Also now looking for a viva HB (modified) - open to anything, modern motoring. Up to £3.000.(Which is getting a bit obvious in my pants drawer!!!!) :lol:
Would really like to hear back from anyone who is selling or thinking of, or has any info on meets.
Mytimenow
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: A Big Hello To All

Postby hbpeter » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:49 pm

Hello and welcome. Plenty members in the Northhampton area, also where the biggest meet is at Billing Aquadrome. For that money you will get really good HB, but might have to wait awhile till one pops up. All Vivas are getting thin on the ground. Keep your eyes open on here(after your a paid up member you will get access to other forum areas), and the likes of ebay, Gumtree etc.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby Fred Dukes » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:36 pm

Hi Steve - there are some vivas for sale - mainly HC i'm afraid - if you have a look on this link viewtopic.php?f=31&t=21966
I have attached membership form for your consideration - welcome to Vivaland - you will find we are a bit shy when it comes to local meetings - one of our members has been running an informal local meet once a month in my area for any make or marque and other than myself and Doug we cant get the Viva membership to come out - I have organised club stands at Weston Park Tatton Park, and Event City Manchester this year but may be a but far for you.
Attachments
Application Form.doc
(35.5 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
InquiryLetter.doc
(24.5 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby Mytimenow » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:28 pm

HBPeter wrote:Hello and welcome. Plenty members in the Northhampton area, also where the biggest meet is at Billing Aquadrome. For that money you will get really good HB, but might have to wait awhile till one pops up. All Vivas are getting thin on the ground. Keep your eyes open on here(after your a paid up member you will get access to other forum areas), and the likes of ebay, Gumtree etc.

Peter

Hi peter
Thanks for your message! When I lived down south I often went to billing aquadrome for different car shows, so definitely will go to the next meet. Are there coming up this year? Let me know when they are.
Cheers for now
Steve
Mytimenow
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby Mytimenow » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:34 pm

Fred Dukes wrote:Hi Steve - there are some vivas for sale - mainly HC i'm afraid - if you have a look on this link viewtopic.php?f=31&t=21966
I have attached membership form for your consideration - welcome to Vivaland - you will find we are a bit shy when it comes to local meetings - one of our members has been running an informal local meet once a month in my area for any make or marque and other than myself and Doug we cant get the Viva membership to come out - I have organised club stands at Weston Park Tatton Park, and Event City Manchester this year but may be a but far for you.

Hi Fred
Thanks for your reply. I'm going to join later tonight so thanks for the attachment. Going to my secretary onto that straight away!!! Looking forward to see if there is anything out there for me. I will keep you posted. I'm going to try & find some old photos of my grandparents cars. You never know one of the club members might have one of them!!
Cheers for now
Steve
Mytimenow
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby hbpeter » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:05 pm

Show season is pretty much finished for this year. NEC next month which the club will have a stand at. Billing is usually around 12/13/14 July.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Return to Say Hello