Hello from Devon!

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Re: Hello from Devon!

Postby Triumph66 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:59 pm

Thanks Peter and Steve for the advice. I will try to post you the photos of the elusive HA van in Swansea. Just out of interest how many HA vans are there still in existence? Thanks again for all your help. Andrew
1968 Morris Minor 1000 LCV
Looking for a Bedford HA van to keep my Morris company.
Triumph66
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby bedfordbad » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:26 pm

Really just guessing here but in my opinion 200 or so in existence.. (I've 11 but most are for spares only)
On road guessing 75ish In various guises, I've 2 vans, an ha Roma and the pick up on road at the moment so not mega rare. You say you have minor vans, I can remember rotton ones needing extensive resto going for a fortune and good spares availability so many more would be saved.
As with most vivas Ha's are just not financially viable to restore so many still unfortunately getting scrapped.... :evil:
BEDFORD HAE AAB412H
BEDFORD HA ROMA UJJ742F
BEDFORD HA 130 TNN514R
VARIOUS HA VANS AND ROMA`S FOR SPARES.
bedfordbad
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Triumph66 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:15 pm

Steve, I thought around that number would be around. I have been into classics for years and my enjoyment of running and maintaining classics also include keeping them on the road by proper repair. If it was a bodge job to get it through the MoT for £100 (covering up with another panel) or spending £350 (cutting out the rot and replacing rotten part completely), I would always opt for the proper repair. That's my approach with both my van and pickup. Obviously, if it is a big job, I would take it off the road and save up the money accordingly. (A case in point is that Austin Morris pick up require a new chassis sooner or later). I have just bought a 1976 Sales Brochure for the Bedford HA van for £3.99 to whet my appetite! Cheers Andrew
Triumph66
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby bedfordbad » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:56 pm

And in comparison roughly how many minor vans are left?
BEDFORD HAE AAB412H
BEDFORD HA ROMA UJJ742F
BEDFORD HA 130 TNN514R
VARIOUS HA VANS AND ROMA`S FOR SPARES.
bedfordbad
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Triumph66 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:40 pm

That's a very good question. I would guess around 2000 world wide of which a third are on the road. Genuine pick ups are rarer, perhaps 500 world wide of which a quarter are on the road. Really difficult to know as eBay keep churning out unknown Morris Minor vans and pick ups. I know a guy who got , I think, 8 or 9 vans/ pick ups of which 3 are on the road. The others are mid 50s rubber wings/ small rear windows) versions. Also know a guy with 5 pickups and all on the road. Difficult to know really. The LCV bash at Gaydon in August had a turn out of over 120 vans and pickups. As you say the later models are well catered for and modifiying is a way forward to keep up with today's traffic. Early version are harder to supply and prices are high accordingly but probably easier than the HA van. I see two derelict HA vans on eBay at the moment; so who know there may be more lurking around but most are broken up for spares.
Triumph66
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Triumph66 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:56 pm

I thought I would just bump up this post to 'reintroduce' myself. :oops:

I am still looking for a HA van if anyone can knows of one going please let me know. Thanks

Andrew
Triumph66
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:44 pm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112649532491?ul_noapp=true

If successful I hope you will join the club :wink:
If your not successful you might increase your chances of finding what you are looking for cos we post vehicles we find available in the members only area.
I am letting you know about this one as a taster fro what you are missing :roll:
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby Triumph66 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:50 pm

Fred Dukes wrote:https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112649532491?ul_noapp=true

If successful I hope you will join the club :wink:
If your not successful you might increase your chances of finding what you are looking for cos we post vehicles we find available in the members only area.
I am letting you know about this one as a taster fro what you are missing :roll:

Thanks Fred for the tip. I missed that one :oops: Are you hinting that there is a HA van for sale within the club?! :D
Triumph66
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:32 pm

there was one of our members vans for sale - a trader bought it an it was on Cars and Classics but has disappeared now :roll:
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby Triumph66 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:55 pm

Thanks Fred. Work have been so hectic of late that I not really been looking actively but still hanker after one. As such I have now sent off my application to the membership secretary this evening and will organise payment once accepted so as to regalvanise myself yet again. :D

I understand that there are at least two Bedford HA vans in Devon according to Classic Van and Pickup magazine. I hope to be the third musketeer soon. :wink:
Triumph66
SL Viva
SL Viva

PreviousNext

Return to Say Hello