New Member Here - Looking To Buy

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

New Member Here - Looking To Buy

Postby Kraken » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:36 pm

Hi guys.

Currently looking to buy a Viva HB, but will settle for an HC. I'm only 22 and currently seeking regular employment budget is an issue for me, I'd prefer not to go over £1200 (which seems to make a nice HB impossible) and I'm based in Scotland (Aberdeen) where they seem to be harder to come by.

Went to view this in Peterhead last week: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/251572384111?nav=SEARCH

Couldn't view the condition of the interior and the original engine has been scrapped - a damn shame.

I'd like to view this one in the next few days, any info on it?
- http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C515124

Edit: Maybe just sold on eBay? http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/221481383284?nav=SEARCH
Kraken
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Re: New Member Here - Looking To Buy

Postby steff » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:53 pm

Welcome

I recognise that one in Fife been on the flea Bay at least 5 times in the past 2/3 years. That's not to say it might not be decent. Look for the usual rusty bits boot floor and wheel well, rear seat belt mounts, rear arches, front wings, inner wings, sills inner and outer basically everywhere.

There is a few viva men up in the Shire area see Phil's resto on the restoration page called Firenza

Steff
HC496
steff
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Kraken » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:52 pm

Hi Steff.

Wow, I look forward to seeing that Firenza on the road when it's complete. I know a couple of Vivas around here, a very clean beige HC, and a Blydenstein HB. You can always tell when it's been around because there's a puddle of oil on the floor!

I was hoping to have a look at that HC in Fife tomorrow, as we're going down to the car rally at Glamis Castle. We've now got a busier day than expected and have to be home earlier so I don't think I'll manage, we'll see though.

Maybe somebody has some info on this one? - http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C506963
Depending on how much work is needed I might be interested.
Kraken
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby hbpeter » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:26 pm

Hello and welcome. The HC as has already been said has been for sale several times over the last few years. The HB popped up recently and we dont know anything about it. If you do get to see it let us know whats its like. if you join the club there are sometimes cars available, and you get access to spares etc. Whats the Blydenstein HB of which you speak? Got any photos, reg number? Same for the Beige HC.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby Kraken » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:58 pm

Hi Peter.

The HB is way too far away for me to go and look, it's in Southampton and I'm up in Aberdeenshire. I was hoping somebody on here might have already been to see it.

Joining the club is something I'll definitely do if I get a Viva. I'm pretty confident it'll stay with me for years and I'd like to look after it.

Sorry, thinking about it I don't know if it is a Blydenstein... It's a Vauxhall Dealer Team rally car though. I rarely ever see it though so I don't think I could get the reg number. I can easily get a picture or two of the beige HC though, I'll post some soon.
Kraken
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Kraken » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:32 pm

The beige HC is WFK 822k, is it on the register?
Kraken
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby steff » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:53 pm

Kraken

Yes the beige one is known to the club and BigWallace on here will be able to tell you about it.

Steff
steff
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby hbpeter » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:03 pm

The DTV(Dealer Team Vauxhall), HB, I think I might know which car it is, a lad called Andy who used to be on here built it. Carnt remember the reg, Paul isnt it your old HB Sydney?

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby pbottomley » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:47 pm

Sorry, thinking about it I don't know if it is a Blydenstein... It's a Vauxhall Dealer Team rally car though. I rarely ever see it though so I don't think I could get the reg number. I can easily get a picture or two of the beige HC though, I'll post some soon.

If Its SIDNEY then its just a HB Deluxe automatic with a paint job and a engine change...
pbottomley

Postby Kraken » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:38 pm

Well the guy who owns it is called Angus if that helps... His son also has a blue HC, sitting unused without an engine at the moment :( I wanted to buy it but it's apparently his pride and joy.
Kraken
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Next

Return to Say Hello