Hello

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Hello

Postby Curly » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:21 pm

Iam also looking for a 2.3 Firenza or Viva GT. Body work preferably good mechanical s dont have to be up to the same standard, a bit about myself I was a Vauxhall apprentice in Luton between 1969 and 1973 and worked in Experimental Engineering, during my time there we built the prototype FE Victors and Ventora's we also built the first drop snoot Firenza , and cut the the nose of a Opel to graft on the first Chevette nose.Curly
Curly
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Hello

Postby maximus » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:28 pm

Hi Curly welcome to the VVOC .
I highly suggest you become a member as you will find a world of "support and and advice "from fellow members on here. You will have a better chance of finding the car you want being a member as a lot of cars are offered to members first. They are a great bunch... Goodluck with your search!!
Gary
maximus
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby bedfordbad » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:26 am

Welcome curly. . Interesting place totake your apprenticeship!!!
I'm sure someone will be along soon to probe you further. .. and fred with a pdf membership application form!! :goodideasign:
Steve
BEDFORD HAE AAB412H
BEDFORD HA ROMA UJJ742F
BEDFORD HA 130 TNN514R
VARIOUS HA VANS AND ROMA`S FOR SPARES.
bedfordbad
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:42 pm

Welcome to Vivaland Curly - I better not disappoint Steve (bedfordbad) so i will attach our inquiry letter and an application form. There are a few members in the Manchester area and we willbe doing a Club Stand at EventCity for the Footman James Show in Sept + the 2 shows at Tatton Park end May and mid Aug.
Steve has got a 2300cc 2 Door Viva Saloon which you might be able to prize out of him purchase - lease - loan :roll:
Sounds like the right sort of bloke whilst your busy with your pickup, vans, Roma Camper...................... :lol: :lol:
Attachments
Application Form.doc
(35 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
InquiryLetter.doc
(25 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby Curly » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:19 pm

Hi Guys I have downloaded the membership form will fill in and send back to Fred in the next few days,
Curly
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby hbpeter » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:00 pm

Hello and welcome. Both the models you want are very rare and starting to command good money. However bide your time and something will turn up eventually, or think about a different model, while not exactly plentiful, are more available. Good luck and keep us informed how you get on.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby Curly » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:17 pm

Hi Peter I have been looking on and off for the last 12/18 months so I am hoping by joining the club it will help my search.
Curly
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby GAV » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:13 am

Hi Curley, wonder if you had a hand in the making of my 69 Viva. When I first moved here an elderly chap said he may well have been involved, as he worked at Luton then moved to the Harwich area as it was used to store Vauxhalls prior to export.
I have not been able to verify that one way or another, maybe you would know?
I owned a Vauxhall Victor FE 2300. It was often used to tow competition cars and the like, and being manual was far less thirsty than the Granada 3.0 auto I had before.
I am talking 1980s so neither was in the first flush of youth. (Like the elderly chap mentioned neither am I)
On one occassion there was a complete with the back wheel out Kawasaki 400 in the back.
GAV
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Curly » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:15 pm

Hi Gav
No I wouldn't be involved in building your 1969 Viva I was still at the Vauxhall apprentice school then from there I went straight into Experimental Engineering, I did have some involvement in making parts for the prototype FE Victors, They were on the second level of prototype build when I arrived in Experimental and not far from the first pre production models. I never worked in the production plant experimental engineering was housed approx 1 mile from the main plant.
Curly
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby GAV » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:58 pm

Thanks for your reply Curley. I hope that you had or are still having a fruitfull career.
Best of luck with your car search.
GAV
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Say Hello