newbie with the worst luck ever !!!

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

newbie with the worst luck ever !!!

Postby matt74 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:15 pm

:Hi all names matt and i live in hertfordshire.i love all old motors and have an aray of different ones over the years ford/chevy/vauxhall even had a datsun estate anyway ive joined on here because ive just bought a 1970 gt viva running a red top on bike carbs etc now heres my bad luck story.when i went to get the car and drove back the 150 miles it performed perfectly no rattles bangs (well normal old car noises bit of a whistle through the door gap but nothing to alarm me )anyway day two i go home from work and thought i would go out for little drive on my own it my lovely new car came up the slip road onto the dual carrage way near to home when without warning the prop uj broke causing me to spin and smack my lovely new car into the central reservation ! O joy .luckly it looks like a simply ish fix (hopefully) anyway im off to post a wanted add for a new rear light :D
matt74
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: newbie with the worst luck ever !!!

Postby Kraken » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:04 pm

matt74 wrote::Hi all names matt and i live in hertfordshire.i love all old motors and have an aray of different ones over the years ford/chevy/vauxhall even had a datsun estate anyway ive joined on here because ive just bought a 1970 gt viva running a red top on bike carbs etc now heres my bad luck story.when i went to get the car and drove back the 150 miles it performed perfectly no rattles bangs (well normal old car noises bit of a whistle through the door gap but nothing to alarm me )anyway day two i go home from work and thought i would go out for little drive on my own it my lovely new car came up the slip road onto the dual carrage way near to home when without warning the prop uj broke causing me to spin and smack my lovely new car into the central reservation ! O joy .luckly it looks like a simply ish fix (hopefully) anyway im off to post a wanted add for a new rear light :D

Ouch!

Welcome, and good luck with your fix!
Kraken
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby hbpeter » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:28 pm

Oh dear, not a good start. Got any pictures of the car. Rear light units are still fairly easy to get, its any body damage that will be harder to sort. Welcome ask any questions you like.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby matt74 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:14 pm

I get some photos up soon as i work it out
matt74
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby Kraken » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:50 pm

I upload photos to TinyPic and then post the [IMG] code, takes a couple of minutes.
Kraken
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby edgoose1 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:36 pm

If you see my post i did the same with a Blow Out .....
edgoose1
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Return to Say Hello