Hello new here and need big help with no vin

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Re: Hello new here and need big help with no vin

Postby Johnboy HB » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:45 am

have you checked the nearside door post for the vin, apparently some were located there. may have a used fuel pump kicking about if you want it, not sure if it would work though
Johnboy HB
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby jamezz666 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:55 pm

Hello, i have spent a whole day all over the car both posts, inside under all carpets, all round the dash and engine bay ect and have failed to find it, so i'm hoping i will have good news from DVLA. that would be much appreciated for the fuel pump. i will pm about the fuel pump thank you
jamezz666
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby hbpeter » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:10 pm

From those pictures, think it safe to say its an SL with a standard 1159 engine(presuming it hasnt been changed at sometime). Disc/servo brakes were an option on SL and Deluxe models with standard engines. The reversing lights were also an option when new, or retro fitted later on. Door cards look like they go right upto the windows, i.e. no bare metal. Glove box lid and speedo surround are fake wood. Switches under the dash, so an early car. Is the back seat one long bench or looks like two individual seats?

Were the Vin number should be, does it look like its been removed on purpose or just rotted off? Also try Vauxhall Heritage, give them as much info as you can, reg, colour, model etc, and photos, see what they say.

We didnt have it in our register till it came up on ebay, its a new car to us. Try Viva Drivers Club, and Viva Outlaws, someone might recognise it.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby hbr341 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:33 pm

Hi
I would say you car is an SL not the 90 as it has single exhaust manifold and down draft carb a lot of vivas had the servo discs it was an option back in the day i had a 1967 deluxe with servo discs from new good luck with the vin

Regards Chris
hbr341
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Kraken » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:01 pm

Glad you're saving this.

I was very tempted to place a bid myself but I know of multiple people that would murder me if I had won it...

Good luck with the resto!
Kraken
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Previous

Return to Say Hello