Are you still out there?

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Are you still out there?

Postby lordstrongbo » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:26 pm

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the site, all my family have owned Vauxhalls though, of some description or another! I am hoping that perhaps this is the place for some help? My Grandfather died in 1987, leaving his beloved Vauxhall Viva to me (the same car I learned to drive in a year earlier and borrowed a lot of!), however my Grandmother found it too painful to look at, so before I took ownership, she sold it.
My Grandmother sadly died in 2004 and I've been looking for "my" car ever since with the thought of buying it back or at least knowing where it is.
The car is a Vauxhall Viva HB, metallic brown in colour with a gold stripe. The registration is ATX232J. It was originally owned by a Bank Manager in Cardiff, my Grandfather bought it from him when it was about 2 years old and as mentioned was still driving it up to his death. My Grandfather always kept it in his garage (in the small Welsh village of Abertysswg) and it wanted for nothing during his ownership.
After he died, it was sold to a Mr Andrew Price of Tredegar, after which our family lost track of it. I've contacted the DVLA, who told me the last time it was taxed was 1990, but they still hold registration details for it, but won't give me these for further research!
I fear it may be too late, however I live in hope that someone, somewhere can finally help me to close this seemingly never-ending search?
lordstrongbo
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Are you still out there?

Postby Fred Dukes » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:16 pm

We dont have any record of it but DVLA do - last taxed 1990 so doesn't look hopefull
DVLA Inquiry
Registration number: ATX 232J
✗ Untaxed
Tax due: 01 August 1990
MOT
No details held by DVLA
New keepers must get tax before using the vehicle.
If you have taxed, made a SORN or had a MOT it can take up to 5 days for these details to be shown above.

Vehicle details
Vehicle make VAUXHALL Date of first registration 13 August 1970 Cylinder capacity (cc) 1159cc CO₂Emissions Not available Fuel type PETROL Vehicle status Not taxed Vehicle colour BROWN Vehicle type approval Not available Wheelplan 2 AXLE RIGID BODY
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby hbpeter » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:23 pm

Always a very small chance its in a lock up somewhere, but chances are its long gone. Do you have any photos of the car so I can add it to our club register.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby lordstrongbo » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:19 pm

Fred Dukes wrote:We dont have any record of it but DVLA do - last taxed 1990 so doesn't look hopefull
DVLA Inquiry
Registration number: ATX 232J
✗ Untaxed
Tax due: 01 August 1990
MOT
No details held by DVLA
New keepers must get tax before using the vehicle.
If you have taxed, made a SORN or had a MOT it can take up to 5 days for these details to be shown above.

Vehicle details
Vehicle make VAUXHALL Date of first registration 13 August 1970 Cylinder capacity (cc) 1159cc CO₂Emissions Not available Fuel type PETROL Vehicle status Not taxed Vehicle colour BROWN Vehicle type approval Not available Wheelplan 2 AXLE RIGID BODY

Thank you for the interest, I'll still keep looking, I know there is slim to no chance of finding it!
lordstrongbo
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby lordstrongbo » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:20 pm

HBPeter wrote:Always a very small chance its in a lock up somewhere, but chances are its long gone. Do you have any photos of the car so I can add it to our club register.

Peter

Thanks Peter, I am hoping my Father may be able to find one, if he can, I will post it.
lordstrongbo
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby hbpeter » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:48 pm

Cheers, was the car 2dr/4dr, SL, Deluxe?

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Return to Say Hello