Prodigal Viva driver returns....

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Prodigal Viva driver returns....

Postby vivavivaviva » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:43 am

Hello everyone,

I bought this HC Estate last autumn from a really helpful guy in Wallasey, a bit of a Vauxhall collector! It is indeed as nice as it looks in the photograph (I'll post some new ones soon!).

Over winter she's had a full service and new coil and points and a new cylinder head gasket - she was overheating by the time I'd got to the bottom of the road :( . Engine now runs pretty sweet, she benefitted from a 'fanatical' first owner and was obviously the love of his life, little touches like fitting an oil-cooler (I'm assuming this wasn't a factory fitting!? Please correct me if I'm wrong), a Kenlowe electric fan, a radiator muff (adjustable from inside the car) and many other things that show she was well cared for.

She's not concourse but she certainly turns heads :)

I learned to drive in my first car, a Viva HC in '77 and it's only taken me nearly 40 years to come back to the fold :) I look forward to meeting fellow members in a field somewhere this summer!

Cheers,
Terry
HC778
Attachments
vivavivaviva
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Prodigal Viva driver returns....

Postby Paul Dawson » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:28 pm

I love the shape of the estate - looks lovely.

Whereabouts in Wales are you? North / South / somewhere inbetween?
Paul Dawson
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby vivavivaviva » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:42 pm

Thanks, Paul. I love the shape too.

North. In fact if you're in the Chester area I'm about 8 miles from you :)
vivavivaviva
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby Paul Dawson » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:36 pm

Sounds good - there must be a field somewhere to meet up in.

I took the Viva out last autumn round N Wales and stopped for tea in Llangollen. Just as we pulled into the car park there was a MGB rally on one side - everyone left the MGBs and gathered around the Viva. One of the MGB guys thought it was very funny - but as he said - you see a MGB nearly every day, you don't see a Viva so often.
Paul Dawson
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby vivavivaviva » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:40 am

A field, or a pub..... ;)

That's a great story, and so true! People literally stop and stare when I drive past! And if I had a quid for everyone who stops to talk if I'm parked up or in a filling station or pub car park that either had a Viva or learnt to drive in one or had an uncle who knew someone that had one, I would truly be a millionaire by now.... It's true they are getting so rare now, I looked on howmanyleft.co.uk and was amazed at how few are left on the road or SORN'd.

I'll pm you with my contact details.
vivavivaviva
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:17 pm

There is an informal gathering at Wem - advertised in CCW as Wheels Within Wem - every 3rd Sunday in the month - next one is 17th April - I usually go over and you get up to a dozen cars. Work day for you I suppose Paul?
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Return to Say Hello