Newbie from Milton Keynes

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Newbie from Milton Keynes

Postby Classic-dude » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:06 pm

Hello, I am 19 and taking driving lessons, I have a 1966 HA Viva delux. Purchased it from Wolverhampton in 2013 for £400 I don't actually have a clue about cars but my dad is a mechanic who only likes working on the old cars so he will be the one doing it up while I supervise ha ha. I've even found an insurance company to insure me which can prove difficult when you're under 21
It needs a lot of work and in desperate need of a carbuaretor so if anyone knows where I may get hold of one
Looking forward to reading all the comment on the forum and gaining some knowledge to help my dad out
Cheers for now
Billy
Classic-dude
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Newbie from Milton Keynes

Postby dann01 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:47 am

Hello and welcome.

You couldn't have chosen an easier car to work on in the HA, a good way to learn the ins and outs for your first delve into classics. Some pics would be good, we like pics :D

Sure someone here can help with with a carb. Failing that Weber do a direct replacement I believe at a reasonable price... As far as other work on the engine and mechanicals, it's meat and potatoes engineering, but a manual will be worth it's weight in gold.

Dan
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby Bob perry » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:05 am

e.mail sent. If it fails ring me on 07795093505, I think I can help you out. I have quite a few old carbs and fuel pumps etc from broken up H A's. Will probably need an overhaul with diaphragms and gaskets etc, but serviceable.
Mona Viva
Bob perry
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby jpsmit » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:30 pm

welcome! Great first project though obviously none of it happened without pictures!
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby Fred Dukes » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:11 pm

Welcome to Vivadom hope you are learning from dad as this is how the experience is passed on - you dont have to be in the trade to expand your capabilities into an interesting hobby - join the club as a full member and come and join us at the VBOA Vauxhall gathering at Billing Aquadrome Northampton mid July. Membership also gives you access to the Club spares Scheme :P
Interested in your Insurance Company and what the constraints are for under 25's
Attachments
Application Form.doc
(34 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
InquiryLetter.doc
(25 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby Kraken » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:10 pm

Hi Billy, welcome to the club.

I'm also interested in knowing about your insurance! It would be good to save some money!
Kraken
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Return to Say Hello