Hello from essex

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Hello from essex

Postby Moles » Fri May 06, 2016 4:00 pm

Just a quick hello from me. Just bought my first viva 72 HC.
Being bit rubbish with tech I can't seem to post pic from my phone. Any she turned up Wednesday night, well very nearly Thursday morning. I bought her unseen so she's less crusty in some places and more in others. Horrid rattle can Matt black but mot'd so I'm rolling this summer. Expect lots of questions as I'm new to Vauxhalls only had modified Fords before. Don't worry I'll not be turning her into a tube chassis monster( well I've told the wife that before). Rolling resto with possibly more modern engine but nothing too wild.
Moles
Moles
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: Hello from essex

Postby 1972nail » Fri May 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Welcome to the ownership of the best British built family cars of the 60's and 70's. We don't swear on this forum but you are allowed to change some letters in your rude words for example F@#d is acceptable......:lol:

I'm sure Fred will be along soon to offer club membership with all it's benefits. :goodideasign:
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby Moles » Fri May 06, 2016 8:56 pm

If I swore I'm sorry. Can't see where I did, I'll keep it in check from now on here. No need to swap letters I've enough vocabulary not to need them. ( know I use them too much). Sorry again for any blue language
Moles
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby 1972nail » Fri May 06, 2016 9:03 pm

Moles wrote:If I swore I'm sorry. Can't see where I did, I'll keep it in check from now on here. No need to swap letters I've enough vocabulary not to need them. ( know I use them too much). Sorry again for any blue language

Hi Moles, Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to the F word that ends in ORD as the 'swear word'. It's a bit of a joke amongst the Vauxhall men. You are very welcome here and it's good to have you on board.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby Moles » Sat May 07, 2016 9:19 am

Oh I get you now. Promise to not use the F word again. It's hard to avoid them growing up around here. I've become the black sheep( maybe they're the sheep)amongst my mates now.
Moles
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Sun May 08, 2016 12:31 pm

Not to disappoint :roll: here is the membership joining details
Attachments
InquiryLetter.doc
(25 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
Application Form.doc
(34 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby Moles » Mon May 09, 2016 5:06 pm

Just spent a sunny weekend driving along Southend sea front. The old girl didn't miss a beat.
Moles
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby 1900sr » Tue May 17, 2016 8:51 pm

Sounds like a good way to spend the weekend.
1900sr
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby GAV » Thu May 19, 2016 8:00 pm

Took my 69 Viva ( still got sorry Fred better rejoin :goodideasign: )to the Little Clacton Classic Viva show, Sunday, hobbled around on crutches after a motorbike accident but was the only Viva there. Last two times there have met new to me folk with Viva HBs, they have a second show in August and already the organiser of the October Canvey Island show has sent me a pass.
Two guys came over as they have seen my Pampas Green one around Dovercourt Harwich, one who only lives a bit down the main road from here with a PA Cresta.
Glad I went however the last few miles my damaged knee was getting quite painfull even driving austensibly on the gears but there was some charity cycle jamboree and so lifting leg to apply pressure to the drum brake activating pedal was difficult, still it's on the mend and touch wood the Viva is going as well as ever.

Sorry Mate where are my manners, welcome from a temporarily lapsed member, Gavin also in Essex. :dito:
GAV
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby GAV » Thu May 19, 2016 8:43 pm

GAV
GT Viva
GT Viva

Next

Return to Say Hello