Another from Essex

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Another from Essex

Postby hayleysmall » Mon May 23, 2016 9:21 pm

Hi
I have just bought my first car, a 1966 viva SL90, bought as a non runner from a well known auction site but now running.
I am a 16 year old student so have a year to get the car improved before i get to drive it about, my dad will be helping me with the work but i hope i can do a lot of it.
I will probably be hassling you all for where to get parts from as i will need new bushes, shocks, and rear springs sorted out.
If we get it running properly and mot'd i might even make it to a show this year with my dad.
I have found my car on the cars seen for sale page, i will go and put a comment on there. :D
hayleysmall
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Another from Essex

Postby viva boy » Mon May 23, 2016 9:47 pm

Welcome to the wonderful world of viva ownership
The owners club has a wealth of knowledge which is available to all its members.
I'm sure Fred Dukes the membership secretary will be along shortly with the membership application form, to pry some cash out of your hand lol.
Hopefully see your car soon at a show or two :mrgreen:
Vivas seem to be highly addictive,
got an Estate
Now have a Coupe
now on the lookout for a Saloon
viva boy
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Mon May 23, 2016 10:36 pm

You Called :P attached application form and letter explaining what you get :wink:
Attachments
InquiryLetter.doc
(25 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
Application Form.doc
(34 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby hayleysmall » Mon May 23, 2016 10:37 pm

Thanks, i have already printed the application form, just waiting for my dad to sort out a cheque to send you !!!
hayleysmall
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby hbpeter » Tue May 24, 2016 6:03 pm

Hello and very welcome, nice to see some young ones getting interested. Whats the reg of the car, any photos?

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby GAV » Tue May 24, 2016 6:48 pm

Hi either she is an HA which are extremely rare. I remember way back in 1965 on journey home from a family holiday in Scotland , and at a refreshment stop seeing a brand new SL HA. So that was only in production a year and I am not sure when the 90s Deluxe and SL came out in either stock as per Deluxe or cooking Red painted high compression 90.

The HB was released in September 1966 and I remember being wowed by the gorgeous "Coke bottle " mini Chevy Camaro, shape of the two Vivas in The North Walsham Norfolk Dealership I expired en route home from School.
One an SL another a Deluxe.
I gathered as many brochures as the guys in the showroom would allow a 14 year old and they were considerably classy now artifacts( is that correct) brochures that said it all .
We got a new Pinewood Green Viva Deluxe 90 in June 67' and they went and changed the registration from E to F which was becoming a snob thing after folk started catching on to how to tell your motor was the latest.
Strange folk now covet 6 figure plates which many cars, particularly imported American one's were awarded as age related , and were often in allocated Scottish ones .
My very deadly now late Mother, ( who had a new Mini Austin 7 Mini in 1959) , out of all the nice cars she owned, albeit at nearly 98 couldn't quite remember the name, but seeing my Pampas Green one out of her care home window thought it was 'our old one' , the "green "Viva was always her favourite car.

Anyway if you have a 66 HB SL90 on a DPlate that is probably a rarity too.
Whatever, I think you have a car worth the effort Sometimes frustration and metaphorical 'blood sweat and tears' as they say.
I am in The Harwich Essex area if you need any help, or advice I may be able to assist you with anything please do not hesitate to ask.
Maybe we can see some pics, all in good time well done and :welcome:
GAV
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby hayleysmall » Tue May 24, 2016 9:44 pm

I am fairly sure it is a real SL90 because it has discs, remote servo, triple tail lights, and side stripe with chrome edge trims. Also the carb is the side draught version with a different air intake. The reg No. is EVE713D, if anyone can check if you have the info it would be nice to know if it is definitely a real one. Is there a part of the chassis number that would prove it ?
we got it running as well, it was sold as non runner, quick clean up of the ignition system and it worked.
hayleysmall
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby hbpeter » Thu May 26, 2016 3:56 pm

Check chassis numbers here,

http://www.vauxhallviva.com/?page_id=126

Although that dosent help with the 90, part.

Once you are a paid up member, ask for access to the rest of the forum and look the car up in the clubs register. You will be able to see it once your access has been sorted. pretty sure it is an SL90.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby hayleysmall » Thu May 26, 2016 4:36 pm

I have tried to sort the membership, my dad has sent money to the bank account details on the application and sent the scanned form to the membership email address on the form but he got a reply saying the e-mail address doesn't work. i have sent a pm to fred so just waiting to find out where we went wrong
hayleysmall
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Fri May 27, 2016 5:49 pm

Got the membership and will process it when i ge t back from the Shetlands classic car show some time after 8th June :P
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Return to Say Hello