Hello, thanks for having me

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Hello, thanks for having me

Postby blueandy144 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:39 pm

Good evening, I have recently joined and wanted to say hi. I have recently bought a 1971 HC with the intentions of fixing it up and getting her back on the road. I wasn't sure if this was the right site to join as most viva's seem to have been restored amazingly and most back to original condition. I bought mine with the view that all welding and body has been completely done and to a good standard. The dilemma is that the engine is far from standard it is a mk2 cavalier front wheel drive engine 1600 that's been converted to run as a rear wheel drive. The car runs and has been driven regularly and has a current MOT etc. There is no interior or carpets and its been hand painted in magnolia. obviously its a project and the purpose was to keep a fading classic on the road. Deadlines are not a problem as my son is 15. I think I have sourced a rear seat but its in Essex and I am in Manchester so courier fee or just drive down and collect it. I want to leave the engine as it runs really well obviously sort the interior and get it looking like standard as I can and give it a nice respray. I think I bit of more than I can chew with regards to the engine and running gear thinking if it aint broke don't mess. it wasn't described very well on EBAY but as I said body wise its in good nick. I'm a paramedic not a mechanic hence my reason for thinking I bit of more than I can chew with the engine. thanks for reading and looking forward to the challenges. hopefully I can find all advice and the parts I need.
blueandy144
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Hello, thanks for having me

Postby Kerry B » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:04 am

Welcome, I'm sure you will find all the help you need on here.
Good luck with your Viva.
Kerry B
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby 1972nail » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:18 am

That sounds like an interesting project and one worth doing. The engine swap isn't a problem with most of us as many of the cars have had historic modifications. Get it MOT'ed with the magnoila paint and a driver's seat and make it a rolling restoration. That way you can start to enjoy it straight away and take your time doing it up.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby hbpeter » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:24 pm

Bit of a late welcome. Do you have any pictures of the car? Whats the reg number?

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Return to Say Hello