Looking for dads old cars

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Looking for dads old cars

Postby Bob prior » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:05 pm

Hi all, always been a fan of HB's ever since my dad bought a green SL 90 2 door of my uncle in 68, the car was a year old at the time, think the reg was JKT ???E, he had that until we went to Drake and Fletchers in Maidstone Kent for him to choose his new car which was a white 2 door SL90 with black interior, SKN 316H he picked it up at 9.00 on 1st August 1970 and we drove to Cornwall for the annual camping holiday! He kept it until once more we set of to D&F to see the new Firenza, he chose a red 1600 SL double over head cam AKE ???K again collected on 1st of August (he liked having the new reg on the first day) in May 72 he was found dead at work at the construction of the Barbican. Mother was devistated and want the car sent far away (I think it went to Scotland) I was only 11 so memory may be a little sketchy.
I have always been a car nut and had a HB deluxe I bought out of a garden for £50 in 89 and used it for work for a while and gave it away to the guy who bought my 325 BMW as a sweetener.
I am in the middle of restoring a 66 S5 Sunbeam Alpine but still have a hankering for a HB SL90.
Sorry if I've waffled
So - looking to see if SKN 316H still survives or Red Firenza AKE ***K
Thanks
Bob Prior (Maidstone Kent).
Bob prior
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Looking for dads old cars

Postby Bunsen » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:04 am

Hi Bob

Welcome to the forum.
I think you need to get rid of the Alpine and buy a Viva. Like you I had fond memories of a HA van, so not to let the moment pass by, i purchased a HAV (still work in progress) and are having fun.
Some people take their dog for a walk. Me. I go for a spin in the HA !!!

Good luck on finding your cars Im sure someone on here can help you.

Mike Turner
(Tenterden)
Bunsen
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:05 pm

SKN not in our register
DVLA recognise it but as tax was due 1987 not much hope of it surviving :roll:
Tax due: 01 September 1987

MOT

No details held by DVLA

If you have just purchased this vehicle, you must tax it even if it shows as taxed above. Vehicle tax cannot be transferred from keeper to keeper.

If you have taxed, made a SORN or had an MOT it can take up to 5 days for these details to be shown above.

You can check with your bank/building society to confirm your payment was successful.

Vehicle details

Vehicle make VAUXHALL
Date of first registration 01 August 1969
Cylinder capacity (cc) 1159cc
CO₂Emissions Not available
Fuel type PETROL
Export marker No
Vehicle status Not taxed
Vehicle colour WHITE
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby Bob prior » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:26 pm

Thanks for looking Fred-shame would have loved to see it again- any AKE red Ferenzas?
Bob prior
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Return to Say Hello