New member restoration help!

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

New member restoration help!

Postby alan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:01 pm

Hello,

I have owned my 1975 Magnum 2300 for 40years. I used it as my daily transport until 1989 and then used during the summer until 1994. It has since been stored in my garage and received very little attention until 2012 when I started into some light restoration.
Present condition of my car is:

Bodywork: Sound except for front footwells, wings could be better but salvageable? I have replaced sill and rear wheel arch.
Engine: Turns over, was running perfectly recently but there appears to be an electrical fault so I can no longer get any electrical power at all.
Brakes: New calipers on front, I have a new master cylinder ready for fitting but the brake lines are proving hard to remove from the old one.
Suspension: Just needs new front shocks.

I would greatly appreciate if any 'local' (Anywhere in Northern Ireland - car is located in Co. Armagh) enthusiasts would be willing to help or give some advice on helping me complete this project.

I will reply to posts or PM me if you want any more information.

Many thanks in advance - Alan
alan
First Post
First Post

Re: New member restoration help!

Postby Fred Dukes » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:45 pm

Hi Alan - welcome to the forum - nice to here you are getting your Viva/Magnum back to road worthiness :P We have a few members in N I who may be able to advise - you can also seek some advise in the Help Advise area of the forum
http://www.vauxhallviva.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=40
If you want to consider full VVOC membership I have attached information for your consideration
Attachments
Application Form.doc
(34 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
InquiryLetter.doc
(25 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby hbpeter » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:29 pm

Welcome. Do you have any photos of the car? We have a members in Ireland. Try 72nail on this forum.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby 1972nail » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:35 pm

Hi Alan, We talked at Loughgall Festival of Motorsport back in May. PM with your contact details and we'll have a chat. :)
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Return to Say Hello