Hi everyone!:)

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Re: Hi everyone!:)

Postby Fred Dukes » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:26 pm

Roverland.eu on that ebay link thinks everything he sells is gold plated. 2 or 3 spares days ago he bought an HA front slam panel off me - desperately need for his restoration - on ebay the next day at twice the price :wink: unless you are desperate avoid him like the plague :wink:
Star Panels lost the man who could fashion the wheel arch end of the sill :roll:
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby chrismc » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:03 am

Roverland is Adrian Bailey Classics. I know him pretty well. He is expensive but is useful if you need a rare part that no one else can get.

Those sills don't seem extortionate as I paid £40 each from Star panels before they stopped making them.Might contact him and see if he is flexible on price. Good for 'stock' until Ex- pressed Steel start making them...
chrismc
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:13 am

Fred Dukes wrote:Star Panels lost the man who could fashion the wheel arch end of the sill :roll:

And yet now you've got the rear wheelarch repair panels again, the sills don't need that bit if anyone is replacing sills and arches. The sill itself is a fairly basic curve with, for most cases, just a flange with a lip across the bottom edge. I'd think most don't really need the edge of the door step, does the top edge rot that often?
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby chrismc » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:48 pm

droopsnoot wrote:
Fred Dukes wrote:Star Panels lost the man who could fashion the wheel arch end of the sill :roll:

And yet now you've got the rear wheelarch repair panels again, the sills don't need that bit if anyone is replacing sills and arches. The sill itself is a fairly basic curve with, for most cases, just a flange with a lip across the bottom edge. I'd think most don't really need the edge of the door step, does the top edge rot that often?

Good point Mike. Can the sills be made without the tricky wheel arch section or sills used off a different car with a similar profile?
chrismc
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:59 pm

I have asked Mike at Expressed steel Panels to take the sill and rear arch package into account as a possible when remanufacture of sills is addressed
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby droopsnoot » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:27 pm

chrismc wrote:Good point Mike. Can the sills be made without the tricky wheel arch section or sills used off a different car with a similar profile?

I was just thinking it's a straight curved section (if you see what I mean, a constant curve all the way along) which wouldn't be hard to bend from a flat sheet.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby chrismc » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:47 pm

Agreed. Using a bit of drainpipe as a former... :goodideasign:
chrismc
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby hbpeter » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:03 pm

Welcome. Whats the reg number of your car, any photos?

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Previous

Return to Say Hello