Thought i should finally start using the club forum

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Thought i should finally start using the club forum

Postby 19foxy62 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:06 am

Hi! I've been a member since 2014 but it completely slipped my mind to use the forum. I've already found a previous owner on here which really surprised me. Its great seeing how my car was before.
My name is Jack and my dad and I have been restoring my 1978 1300 GLS since august 2013 (a lot more work than we expected)
And she's now my first car and im loving every minute of driving. I'm 19 and currently doing a level 3 body repair and paint course at college. Maybe soon i'll be fixing the body work in class followed by a candy red respray.
So far ive only seen one other viva with headrests which was a white estate with blue interior on eBay not long ago.
Still need a few bits and pieces such as the driver side indicator chrome trim (no idea why only one is missing) and chrome trim for the vinyl roof i hope to soon fit.
Will possibly be posting pictures from the restoration soon.
19foxy62
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Thought i should finally start using the club forum

Postby GAV » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:32 am

Well done Jack, the 1300 is a nice model with all the Magnum goodies but the 1256 cc engine,with the nice slick gearbox the original HA sported and the smaller engined HB/C s had . Of course the bigger engined models had more torque so that wasnt an issue, but I recall a Victor 2000 Estate I drove for a while and a later 2300 owned, had the wand affair shared with the 1600/1800/2300/ Vivas Firenza Magnums.
Good luck with your training and look forward to reading more on the cars progress!
GAV
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Kraken » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:35 pm

Welcome!

The car is looking good. Think I remember seeing it when it was on eBay.

Did I spy a blue HC in the background of one of your pics?
Kraken
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby 19foxy62 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:35 am

Kraken wrote:Welcome!

The car is looking good. Think I remember seeing it when it was on eBay.

Did I spy a blue HC in the background of one of your pics?

:thanx:
I was looking for a mini at first until i saw this viva and had to have it.
That picture was from the ebay listing before i got it and I only just noticed the other viva now you pointed it out!

GAV wrote:Good luck with your training and look forward to reading more on the cars progress!

Everyone at college loves my car, i took it in once to get the drivers door latch fixed (wouldnt open from the inside if the window was closed) and i was parked in the workshop. It wasnt long after i finished that 2 of my teachers were having a look around and sitting inside remembering working on vivas when they were new.

She wont break any land speed records especially since 70mph is a push and rather deafening but i wouldnt trade it for the world!
19foxy62
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby 1972nail » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:34 pm

[b]Still need a few bits and pieces such as the driver side indicator chrome trim (no idea why only one is missing) and chrome trim for the vinyl roof i hope to soon fit.[b]

I may have the chrome trims. :D
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby 19foxy62 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:04 pm

1972nail wrote: I may have the chrome trims. :D

Both pieces that i need? Thats awesome!
19foxy62
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby 1972nail » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:14 pm

The ones I have are for the rear pillars of a 4 door, I don't have the bit for across the boot.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby 19foxy62 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:15 pm

1972nail wrote:The ones I have are for the rear pillars of a 4 door, I don't have the bit for across the boot.

Ive seen vivas with the trim going from the bottom of the gutter to the rear window frame and others which go across the boot. Is the full length just the same only with an extra piece in the middle or are the side pieces different?
19foxy62
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby hbpeter » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:47 pm

Welcome. You picked the right car to practice bodywork on! When you finished you can start on my 1300GLS. Ask any questions, someone will know the answer.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby 19foxy62 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:24 am

hbpeter wrote:Welcome. You picked the right car to practice bodywork on! When you finished you can start on my 1300GLS. Ask any questions, someone will know the answer.

Peter

Haha still got some rewelding to do on the rear passenger wheel arch, just needs cutting, pulling out and welding again. Ugh! And then finally ready for paint. I cant wait
19foxy62
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Return to Say Hello