Putting Photo's on the forum

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Putting Photo's on the forum

Postby jimbo123 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:21 pm

Hi everyone could anyone help me please iv'e tried to upload photo's of my viva it's saying there are too many pixels on my pictures i don't know how too reduce the pixels on the photo's,so i tried copy and paste them onto the page but that wouldn't work either appreciate some advice thanks Jim.
jimbo123
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Putting Photo's on the forum

Postby Kraken » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:18 pm

Hi Jim,

You can upload them to an image hosting site of your choice (TinyPic, Photobucket, imgur, imageshack etc.) and then post the [img] code the site give you.

Or you can resize easily in microsoft paint. If you open the picture in paint you should find a 'resize' option, and you can choose what size you want to change it to, just make sure to select 'maintain aspect ratio' or the picture will come out squashed/stretched.
Kraken
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby jimbo123 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:28 am

Thanks Kraken i will try some of you're suggestions but i think i will wait till one of my 2 daughters to come round i do have the microsoft paint so i could give that a go,might even be able to remember how i did it to do a second picture thanks again Jim. :D
Last edited by jimbo123 on Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
jimbo123
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby jimbo123 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:35 am

Sorry Kraken spelt you're name wrong please accept my apologise's got neck brace on at moment can't look down at the moment so keyboard and screen not very easy sorry again kind regargds Jim. :shock: :goodideasign:
jimbo123
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby VampireTigger » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:15 pm

I upload the pics to FaceBook and then right click on the picture, copy the image location and then use that in the post here.

Works pretty well :)

By copying the image location, you by-pass any privacy stuff which means the people here can see the pic without having to be your FaceBook friend
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
Bouncing between Surrey & Dorset :D
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby jimbo123 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:52 pm

Thank you i will have another go
Attachments
DSCF0073.jpg
DSCF0073.jpg (67.81 KiB) Viewed 3701 times
DSCF0075.jpg
DSCF0075.jpg (63.63 KiB) Viewed 3701 times
jimbo123
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby jimbo123 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:10 pm

Hi Vampire Tigger you're Viva looks great have you painted it yourself it looks like the same colour as what mine should be minus the rust want to pull it away from the wall and have a good look underneath had the viva for 17 years but not had the time to do anything with it yet (nearly finished the house nearly) be good to know the colour code thanks Jim. :D
jimbo123
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby VampireTigger » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:03 pm

My original one was about the same colour back when I was 18, I'm 46 now. I purchased the one in the pic this summer as a trip down memory lane, that's how it arrived. It's in the workshop right now to have the filler in the front passenger wing replaced with metal
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
Bouncing between Surrey & Dorset :D
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby jimbo123 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:56 pm

hi Vampire Tigger i'm about the same my first car was a 1159 3 door HC Green 'J' reg back down memory lane this one needs a lot of work welding underneath (good job i like welding)I'm a mechanic for my sins so engine and running gear will slowly get done,only one problem it's AUTO box will have to have someone look at that.Done some spraying only on lorries tho' odd run here and there,the chassis plate says 1BL which hbpeter thinks it refers to Aqua Starmist which is Blue under boot lid looks same colour as yours.
I am 56 now and had this Viva since the year 2000 some parts look hard to get keeping my eye out on EBAY keep buying odd thing still looking for a new set of 1256 engine mountings thanks for your interest and help with the photo's Jim. :D
jimbo123
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Return to Say Hello