Hi there

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Hi there

Postby DIY Dave » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:01 pm

Just purchased a 1975 viva HC of ebay.Last time I had one of these was back in the early 1980's,

my very first car in the early 1970's was a H reg 1159 viva HB what a lovely car I had to put new wings and inner wings on it just to get it through the MOT happy days lol.

Now I am looking forward to driving my new purchase.

DIY Dave
DIY Dave
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby hbpeter » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:40 pm

Hi, welcome. Hope you enjoy your new toy. Feel free to ask anything, someone usually knows the answer.
Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby amag » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:28 am

Hi there, and welcome, you say this is the first time since the 80s you have owed a car like this, is this the first time you have owed a classic car, if so you will need to shop around for classic car insurance, you can get a good deal these days, again welcome and enjoy. Alan :lol:
amag
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby dann01 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:25 pm

Driving them is what it's all about. Also, if you take it to work, there is something about driving and owning the oldest and coolest car in the car park. People do a double take when they see something a little different.

Enjoy

Regards
Dan
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby DIY Dave » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:06 pm

Hi Guys

It is the first time Ive owned a classic car and of course last time I had a viva you could pick them up any where at a reasonable cost.

But they always had that classic style, not like todays cars they all look the same round at the front and round at the back I dont know one model from another.

And the people that ask me about the car and tell me that they used to have one its great, Ive been a big fan of the viva from when they first came out my first driving lesson of a friend was in a HA van.

Now the familly has grown up I can spend a little on my bit of history.

I have done very well with the insurance, fully comp and my partner as a named driver £97.00 through (Barry Grainger classic car insurers there number is 0870 112 8103) if anyone needs a quote

Dave
DIY Dave
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Return to Say Hello