Hi & Thanks!

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Hi & Thanks!

Postby fouronthefloor » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:59 pm

I'd been meaning to say Hi & thanks for some time.
Your forum was responsible for me buying my Magnum Coupe back in June & I thank you for the link.

http://www.vauxhallviva.com/vivaforum/v ... highlight=

Car was as clean & genuine as I'd expected although not totally fault free. A drive back from Bristol to Hertfordshire showed up poor alternator output, overheating when pushed over 70 & woefully inadequate tyres. 30 year old rubber does not impress me, so new tyres, a new alternator & a couple of bottles of central heating descaler improved matters although I think a new radiator or recore may still be needed at some stage.

I live in East Anglia (Cambridgeshire) & work in Hertfordshire (where the Magnum is tucked up nicely for the winter) & could be persuaded to join in any reasonably local drunken meets!

Cheers!..........Ollie
fouronthefloor
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby hbpeter » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:05 pm

Your welcome, smart looking car.
Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby junkyarddog » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:29 pm

Hello fellow hc owner,that car is sooooooo nice,really clean.How come it's left hand drive?was it reimported from europe,or did it ever leave the uk? :D
Just one more turn should do it....
junkyarddog
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby fouronthefloor » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:35 am

I'll give you the history that I have documentation for & that which I've been told. Do stop me if I start to bore!.............

I'd been looking on & off for an HC Coupe for several years, preferably either a pushrod Firenza or Viva as I'm not overly fond of the tipped over cammer with factory fitted oil leaks! My requirements were somewhat different from most enthusiasts here in that I wanted a ready to go car that had never been welded, didn't need welding & had no corrosion to speak of. I'm a Garage Proprietor by trade & working on cars all day doesn't inspire me to start extensive restoration on my own vehicles. Simple really............I love the cars (reminds me of when I had hair) but didn't want a project. What was not so simple was sourcing the correct car.

Your excellent forum pointed me in the direction of THU 105S & the rest is now part of her history.

1978 registered (manufactured 1975) Magnum 1800 Coupe LHD with export pack (laminated screen, opening rear quarter lights, H/D suspension etc)
Supplied & delivered new by Vauxhall dealer in 1975 to Liverpool Docks for export to Kuwait for owner who was attached to the British Consul.
Car returned to UK in 1978 & was given the correct age related registration.
Continued with same owner in UK until disposed of in 2006 after driving licence revoked on medical grounds.
I bought the car in June 2007 as a one owner from new vehicle with a warranted 44000 km from a Bristol classic car dealer.
The condition was excellent (although not concours) with no evidence of any corrosion. Various parts of the car have had paintwork (probably due to minor accident damage & there is evidence of front end panel replacement (again, probably down to accident damage) This work appears to have been carried out to a fairly high standard.

During my ownership the car has benefitted from the following:-

Proper cleaning & touching up of minor blemishes (one of my sadder friends calls it detailing!)
New alternator
New battery
4 new tyres
Cooling system flush & descale
New gearbox rear oil seal
Oil & filter change

I'm now hopeful of some form of summer to get some use!

Ollie
fouronthefloor
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby viva2300 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:52 am

Thats a tasty lookin mota you got there! :D
Looks nice & original as well, i like to see that.
Paul
S. EAST AREA REP
1972 Viva 2300 SL 4DR
1973 Viva 2300 SL 4DR + one on paper.
1973 Viva 2300 SL EState
1973 Viva 1800 SL 4DR not for long
1971 Viva 1600 SL 4DR AUTO
1974 HP Firenza Droopsnoot

TOO MANY CARS NOT ENOUGH MONEY OR TIME
viva2300
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby mrs bulldog » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:45 am

just wanted to say hello and welcome!
sarah ex wife of mike (bulldog)

a viva widow in the making.....if you can't beat them join them!!!!
hc estate,magnum,firenza,hb.......ANOTHER one mike??
mrs bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby dann01 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:01 am

Oooh, a white shiny... Bet she gets some looks, especially being left hand drive. You lucky person.

Regards
Dan
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby fouronthefloor » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:43 pm

dann01 wrote:Oooh, a white shiny... Bet she gets some looks, especially being left hand drive.

Ahh.........but don't you end up looking stupid when without thinking you go to get in on the passenger side!

Ollie
fouronthefloor
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby psl » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:35 pm

could be persuaded to join in any reasonably local drunken meets!

Now that`s a viva owners statment, if ever i heard one. Funny you should say, there are a few coming up in the spring
:twisted:
Keep your eye`s on the up and coming events section. The Reading festival of rust is near you. Always a good supply of bacon, curry and beer over the weekend :twisted:
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby rob knights » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:25 am

Hello & welcome mate, Been on here loads since I was told about it, wife thinks she is a widow :lol:
Very very nice car mate love the pics & look forward meeting you at some of the meetings.

Take care of it, mine is well pampered.

Rob
rob knights
SL Viva
SL Viva

Return to Say Hello