Hello from Florida

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Hello from Florida

Postby tony morris » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:20 pm

Hi everyone, found your site on http://www.gregormarshall.co.uk/. I was born in England and now live in Florida. The reason I'm here is to try and find some info on my dad old race car which was a HB Viva.

OK guys this is a long shot but here we go. A very very long time ago, like the late sixty's my dad (Roy Morris) built a HB Vauxhall Viva in Birmingham at his business called Morspeed Garages in Birmingham. The car was featured in the first edition of Custom Car March 1970, that's right number 1.
This is the cover and the two picture from page 47.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202 ... age_47.jpg[/img][/url]
This was taken at the same time but not used in the magazine.

Now he did race the car togather with my mum (Sue Morris) at Santa Pod (Drag Racing) somewhere between 1971 and 1974 and also in some sprints at Curborough seen here around 1973-74.

The car was sold I belive in around 1974-5 to someone in England, we moved to Germany in 76. At the time my Dad sold it the motor was a 361ci Chrysler out of a Facel Vegas HK500.

Stampeder the HB Viva was also feature in this magazine in 1970.

Here is one more shot taken from the Vaxuhall magazine.

This is how the car looked when he sold it.

Now the chap who purchased the car said he was going to change it for drag racing only. So do you know what happen to it ? Or do any of you have any pictures of it at Santa Pod drag racing or sprinting at Curborough. Any info would be great thanks Tony Morris
tony morris
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby MAGNUM 2300 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:00 pm

Now that's a MONSTER :shock:

Hello from Norway. :D
Why fight for a ball when we can play with cars..?!!
MAGNUM 2300
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby hbpeter » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:58 pm

Hello and welcome. Thats one hell of a HB. Hope you find out what happened to it.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby MAGNUM 2300 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:45 pm

Wasn't it a topic a short while ago questioning that particular beast??? :roll: :roll:
Why fight for a ball when we can play with cars..?!!
MAGNUM 2300
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Ralphead » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:50 pm

Sorry I havn't any info for you but, damn I want an HB now! Those wheels are mahoosive! Even the Saxo loving no-necks would be impressed. Good luck with your search.
With this being the 65p Magnum, the most powerfull ice-cream in the world, you have to ask yourself one question. "Do I feel licky?" Well do you punk?
Ralphead
SL Viva
SL Viva

Return to Say Hello