Hello

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Hello

Postby Anton0047 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:29 pm

Hello.
My name is Jan.
I am Viva enthusiast from Norway. Proud owner of 3 Vivas.
HB GT. HB DE LUXE. HA Beagel. Maybe the only Beagel in Norway . Good British steel. Its difficult with spaer parts in Norway so i struggle
a bit. MY Beagel is desperately need for some new upper wishbone rubber bushes. Hope someone could help me. Nice to be with other
Viva enthusiasts in the forum.
Regards Jan
Anton0047
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby Jon-HPF » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:59 pm

Hello & welome - Jan.
Have u tried Adrian Miller at Viva spares (click on the spares link to the left of the screen) he may be able to help .
I dont know what the beagle upper wishbone rubbers look like , are they similar to the viva HC . If so I may have a set of 4 new ones. I bought them on ebay thinking they were for a HC but the inner diameter hole is much larger than a HC If you have pics of these rubbers or at least some description / dimesions i will dig out the ones ive got to compare.
Cheers- Jon
"Thats a nice looking Capri you got there mate!"
Jon-HPF
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Anton0047 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:38 pm

Jon-HPF wrote:Hello & welome - Jan.
Have u tried Adrian Miller at Viva spares (click on the spares link to the left of the screen) he may be able to help .
I dont know what the beagle upper wishbone rubbers look like , are they similar to the viva HC . If so I may have a set of 4 new ones. I bought them on ebay thinking they were for a HC but the inner diameter hole is much larger than a HC If you have pics of these rubbers or at least some description / dimesions i will dig out the ones ive got to compare.
Cheers- Jon

Thanks. Maybe your bushes could fith the HA. I have upper bushes for the HC /HB and they have much smaller inner diameter.
Gonna take some pic. tomorw and the dimesions and post it.
Regards Jan
Anton0047
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby pbottomley » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:50 am

Hi Jan, we seem to have a few other fleshycake eaters here, hang on long enough and either Johan or Per will say hello :D
pbottomley

Postby lambaj » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:54 am

Hello!
HA wishbone bushes are unfotuantely unique to the HA range, so the HB and HC ones will be of no use to you for your Beagle.
Apart from finding new ones which do occasionally crop up on E-bay etc, then you have only one other option. A company in the UK called Pop-Browns manufactures a polyurethane version which can be used instead of the bonded rubber ones.
Here is a link:
http://www.popbrowns.co.uk/products2.html#BUSHES

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Tony (HA21)
"Ere look - thats one of them Mk2 Vauxhall Cortinas....!!"
lambaj
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Anton0047 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:31 pm

lambaj wrote:Hello!
HA wishbone bushes are unfotuantely unique to the HA range, so the HB and HC ones will be of no use to you for your Beagle.
Apart from finding new ones which do occasionally crop up on E-bay etc, then you have only one other option. A company in the UK called Pop-Browns manufactures a polyurethane version which can be used instead of the bonded rubber ones.
Here is a link:
http://www.popbrowns.co.uk/products2.html#BUSHES

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Tony (HA21)

Hello everybody.
Thanks for helping me out with the bushes. Its nice to be taken care of.
Have a good weekend with your Viva,s
Cheers Jan
Anton0047
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby MAGNUM 2300 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:39 am

Hi Jan!

Nice to see you found your way into here! I hope it leads to many joyful moments!

we seem to have a few other fleshycake eaters here

LOL "Fleshycake" = Fleskepannekake (another funny story...)

Cheers!
Per I.
Why fight for a ball when we can play with cars..?!!
MAGNUM 2300
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Bushes

Postby Jon-HPF » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:39 pm

Hi Jan , - ive measured them and they are as you described - 15mm inner 30mm outer 29mm end to end. let me know your address in PM and ill send them to you Image
"Thats a nice looking Capri you got there mate!"
Jon-HPF
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby lambaj » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:16 am

Hi
Those bushes are definately HA bushes. I'm reasonably certain from the photo that they are upper ones, but the lower ones are very similar - but different ( :roll: ).
I don't know, people without HA's buying HA spares - whats the workd coming to!!! :lol:

Cheers all
Tony(HA21)
"Ere look - thats one of them Mk2 Vauxhall Cortinas....!!"
lambaj
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Anton0047 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:55 pm

lambaj wrote:Hi
Those bushes are definately HA bushes. I'm reasonably certain from the photo that they are upper ones, but the lower ones are very similar - but different ( :roll: ).
I don't know, people without HA's buying HA spares - whats the workd coming to!!! :lol:

Cheers all
Tony(HA21)

Hello.
Jon-HPF have send the bushes today. A true gentelman. Upper bushes
have smaler outer diam. than the lower ones.
You can also get them from Pop Brown, but then you have to use the old outer ring.

Cheers Jan
Anton0047
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Next

Return to Say Hello