VBOA Nation Rally 2019 6th 7th July Sywell

Tell us all about what's happening and what you did

Re: VBOA Nation Rally 2019 6th 7th July Sywell

Postby pbottomley » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:32 pm

Turning the VBOA into a "fast and furious" event will detract it from what it is.. a car show. Thats said anyone who has bene drag racing will know ist all about balls out, ON THE STRIP not before or after.
pbottomley

Postby viva boy » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:50 pm

i agree over the weekend camping but its the same with billing. me and my lad come along £50 weekend camping and the is free entry anyway, plus an amusement pass for the boy, plus food, drink and fuel, it soon becomes a very expensive weekend. is the hotel £75 for the weekend ?
Vivas seem to be highly addictive,
got an Estate
Now have a Coupe
now on the lookout for a Saloon
viva boy
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby 1972nail » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:13 pm

Hotel is £75 per room per night plus breakfast. I have booked a room at £180 for 2 adults for 2 nights with breakfasts. I haven't cancelled my room over at Billing yet, it was £193 for the same deal.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby Fred Dukes » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:23 pm

The VBOA have notified us of some questions and answers

We have received the following questions, please see answers below. please share this info with your club members
One Club member has asked is there a telephone booking option as not every club member is on the internet or may not be happy making purchases on the internet?
unfortunately not, as with most things this day and age, it is all operated without the intervention of people. you can however, pay on the gate or I'm sure clubs would be in a position to accommodate the odd one or two members
One Club Member would like to know what happens if they take 2 cars,1 motor home and a tent?
if it is a case of mum and dad in the camper and 2 kids in a small tent with a show car then this would be the £10 extra car charge. if its 4 mates then it would require 2 tickets. we have a trusting policy and would expect our members to comply, anyone trying it on will be refused entry or charged the extra at the gate.
Another wants to know If you come on the Friday for three days camping do you have to pay 3 days for an extra car?
no, the extra car charge is just one day
Are dogs allowed?
yes, same rules as elsewhere, dogs are allowed but must be kept under control

Vauxhall Bedford Opel Association (VBOA)
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby cooperman » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:58 pm

Well it's definitely happening and it's definitely at Sywell Aerodrome,

Sywell Aerodrome, Wellingborough Rd, Northampton NN6 0BN

It's only a few miles from Billing Aquadrome and we all know where that is!
A bit more info for you,

Firstly there has been some concerns over how club affiliated attendance is "policed". This will be carried out in more or less the same way it has always been. Its an honesty based system where the person states they are from XYZ club and when they arrive they a) go to that club and b) are supposed to be there.
We the VBOA do not verify club membership for purchase/entry based on what the ticket purchaser selects.

Secondly, some people have asked or rather were discouraged when it came to booking the tickets as it was understood that Ticketease requires a facebook account to login and buy. This is not the case. It would appear that they would like you to login with your facebook account BUT this is not required, please see the attached images what you/your club members should be presented with upon clicking "login". Note the area circled in red shows the alternative method to login (as normal for many, with an email address etc).

Lastly .We are adding a "3 Day" Daypass to the ticket site which will give day entry Fri-Sun for £20. If you have already purchased your Sat/Sun tickets and wish to change, please contact us at this address with your details and we will refund you etc so you can repurchase.

Sywell will be open from around 10am Friday the 5th July 2019 for setup of club stands,

If any members want to go please let me know either by email marcuscooper888@gmail.com or private message me on the forum. I need to get an idea of numbers for the VBOA.

Thanks Marcus
cooperman
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby dann01 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:09 am

I'll be turning up on the Friday morning some time to drop stuff and set up.

Dan
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby Fred Dukes » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:21 pm

URGENT MESSAGE FROM THE VBOA :P

Good afternoon,

Just a reminder that the first phase of early bird booking comes to an end as of Midnight tonight (31st Jan 2019). There shall still be discounted ticketing from 1/2/2019 until 31st/3/2019 but at less of a discount as now.
Please note that the discount is applicable to Camping AND also day entry, with a clarifcation that if you want to book a pitch and two cars in, then its a camping ticket plus a day entry which will cover the whole weekend.
Also, if you want day entry Fri-Sun, then Friday is free with a sat+sun purchase.

The VBOA page is here http://vboa.org.uk/events/49-national-rally-19
and the ticketease booking page is here https://ticketease.co.uk/event/vauxhall ... E2%80%9819

A further note to say that you do NOT need to have a facebook account to book the tickets, just use an email address as you would for any other online shopping system.

The organisation team is in full swing for planning the site/facilities etc and we hope to have some more details towards the end of Feb 2019. As always if you want to see something/have something to offer or just want to help, then please contact us. The more the merrier.

Kind Regards,
Stuart Lindborg
Vice Chairman

Vauxhall Bedford Opel Association (VBOA)
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby cooperman » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:43 pm

With less than 2 weeks to go to the biggest gathering of Vauxhall, Bedfords and Opels, it's shaping up to be a great show with a family friendly slant.
There are no passes to get onto the stand this year, just turn up, pay on the gate and join us for a fantastic weekend.
we are holding our AGM on Saturday and you are welcome to have your say, after all it is your club.
I look forward to putting a few names to faces and having a good old chinwag.
cooperman
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby BobbyMel » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:11 am

I won't get there till late Friday night, working all day on Friday, so I'll see you all on Saturday morning...
HB 368

1970 - Vauxhall HB Viva Estate....114 BOB
1969 - Vauxhall HB Viva Estate....BDH819G
1968 - Vauxhall HB Viva Estate....BOB 33E
1968 - Vauxhall HB Viva Estate....NHA 764F
1987 - Austin Montego 1.6L....E375 JRV
1995 - Rover 216 Coupe....N622 VOA
BobbyMel
Top Viva Spotter

Postby VampireTigger » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:36 am

I plan to be there from Friday in my Snoot :)
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
Bouncing between Surrey & Dorset :D
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

PreviousNext

Return to Events