Stainless exhausts & Manifolds

A handy area for people trying to find parts or services

Re: Stainless exhausts & Manifolds

Postby shamm » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:30 pm

OHC first (as I need one myself !) then we will look at OHV next.

What were you wanting for OHV, systems or manifolds ?

Steve.
Steve Hammond

Two 2.3 Viva's, one 2.3 Viva Estate, one 2.3 Magnum estate, half share in a 1.6 Viva auto, and no time (HC183)
shamm
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby phil dawson » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:45 pm

Hi Steve,

Any progress with the exhausts/manifolds?

Here is the advert that was copied into the DSG Forum in June last year but mentions prices correct as at Jan 2009.

Phil

Have I missed something here, but as the foremost Vauxhall SOHC engine based car club, why are we not offering the following, which I found on the Viva Owners Club website.
If we are not in a position to offer the same, shouldnt we be highlighting this to our members as a beneficial opportunity?

Prices correct as at January 2009

STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUSTS & SPECIAL MANIFOLD FOR VIVA / FIRENZA / MAGNUM
1600/1800/2000/2300 OHC engines.

The great news regarding these items is that I have met with the company & talked with the man who will build the Manifolds & Exhausts for us & can now give you a price for the Manifold & Exhaust System.
THE MANIFOLD.
Price is £350 inc VAT a great price I think, (normal price for these are £500). Just to recap, these manifolds are based on ones built for the Droopsnoot Firenza. BUT they have been modified by having a bolted flange fitted where the old, troublesome sliding joint used to be, Because the slider joint never sealed properly, it blew, sounded awful & lost performance.

These new manifolds are very well built & all those troubles with the old ones will be a thing of the past. They will also be beneficial to your engine. The reason for this is that they flow far better than the standard, restrictive manifold, so they will help it to breathe much better.

THE EXHAUST SYSTEM.
Price is £300 Inc VAT. Again, a great price. (Normal price for a complete system from bottom of downpipes to tailpipe is £390). These systems will be built with a 2inch bore pipe with a 2inch rolled back style tailpipe.
They will be a twin box system with the emphasis on maximum flow with minimum noise. The silencer boxes being specially designed for this purpose.

http://www.vauxhallviva.com/?page_id=1718
phil dawson
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby shamm » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:39 pm

Yes, that's us!

The wheels fell off in a fairly major way shortly after that and we have been forced to find a new supplier for this system.

We are expecting the design prototype in a few weeks.
We cannot confirm prices until we have the prototype back but I am expecting them to be in the same ballpark as before.

We do post on both the VVOC and DSG sites but are a separate company and not funded by either.

As I understand it the clubs have limited funds to commit for tooling for items such as these. The tooling for this one system is over £1000 quid.
It's only because I personally need a system and am happy to get more made to the same spec that it will happen at all.

Steve.
GDM
Steve Hammond

Two 2.3 Viva's, one 2.3 Viva Estate, one 2.3 Magnum estate, half share in a 1.6 Viva auto, and no time (HC183)
shamm
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby phil dawson » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:17 pm

Hi Steve,

Thank you very much for your reply.
Please keep me updated on progress as I will defintely be requiring a system.

Regards,
Phil
phil dawson
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby shamm » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:39 pm

As soon as we have some more info I will post it up here.

Steve.
Steve Hammond

shamm
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby oli8925 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:45 pm

I may be very interested in a manifold and system for the OHV so I'll be keeping an eye in this thread. Do you think you'd be able to make a 4 branch manifold for the OHV? And I hear you do magical things with exhausts such as run them over the gearbox cross member? If you could make one like that for an OHV I'd be over the moon as it would give me about twice the ground clearance, not in any rush though.
1989 Blue Mini 1000 Rebuild
1975 White De Luxe Viva HC
1994 Saab 9000 CSE
2002 F*rd Puma Thunder
oli8925
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Previous

Return to Suppliers Links