15th 16th &17th NEC CLASSIC CAR SHOW

Tell us all about what's happening and what you did

15th 16th &17th NEC CLASSIC CAR SHOW

Postby Fred Dukes » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:27 am

Yes the Club has a stand there :roll:
Mike Stanley has organised a 50th anniversary of the Viva display with a threesome of HA's.
Lots of interest in all three and Mike was kept busy entertaining many current and ex BT engineers who were cecalling all sorts of experiences and promising to look for unwanted BT items. Mike was like a "pig in s**t"
Vauxhall Heritage were on the stand across the way displaying a 1963 HA
Attachments
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Re: 15th 16th &17th NEC CLASSIC CAR SHOW

Postby Fred Dukes » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:30 am

more pics
Attachments
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby dann01 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:24 am

Well done chaps. I can imagine the kind of interest that all three would have got, especially the BT van and roma... Just a shame we haven't got an ice cream van in the club and you could have had the entire HA range. :D

Dan
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby vx-mike » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:26 pm

Well Folks that's the NEC done with.

A very busy weekend and it seemed we connected with the shows theme of "Reunited" with the BT Van, as many admirers seemed to be ex and current BT Engineers who had stories to retell when they drove the HA vans.
Several times we had groups of engineers gathered around the van reminising of their days with BT.
The Roma and saloon also generated plenty of interest with many visitors deciding that they would have to be on very good turns with their partner if sharing the Roma or one of them might find themselves sleeping on the grass!

Again, visitors appreciated the open stand allowing them to get up close to the cars.

My thanks go to the members who turned up on the stand for an hour or two to releave myself, Steve or Dave during Sunday, to Fred Dukes for his help on the stand on Friday, and an even bigger thank you goes to Dave Shaler
for bringing his Saloon along and Steve Grey who towed his Roma down from Durham.

Mike

ps. the BT van is featured on 'Honest Johns' web site magazine in the classic section, photo 9.
vx-mike
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby fistfullofV5's » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:34 pm

I would also like to congratulate the team on a great stand at the show. We attended on Friday and spent a fair bit of time wondering how everyone would fit in the Roma. The BT van was inspired and brought back childhood memories of my neighbour crashing his into his own garage door in snow. The open layout just confirming my belief that I joined the friendliest Vauxhall club. Well done,
Dave.
fistfullofV5's
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:53 pm

You know as soon as I found out Mike had the BT van I knew he was going to get his ear bent.. But it must be said Mike and the BT van are a match made in Luton heaven...
pbottomley

Postby Fred Dukes » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:10 am

If he keeps getting BT gear for the van he will soon be fitting a towbar for the trailer to carry it all :lol:
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Return to Events