Donnington Classic Week End May 3rd to 5th

Tell us all about what's happening and what you did

Donnington Classic Week End May 3rd to 5th

Postby dann01 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:46 pm

May 3rd to 5th – Donnington Classic Weekend. The VVOC will be there with a stand on the In field for the entire week end. Pre-booking with Donnington Track for a great 2 tickets for the price of 1 deal, but only by using the clubs promotion code as found in the magazine. Also a chance to take you car on one of the parade laps of this legendary circuit.

Dan
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Re: Donnington Classic Week End May 3rd to 5th

Postby Fred Dukes » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:10 pm

I have booked some accomodation at Premier Inn East Midlands Airport for Friday and Saturday Night. :P
It was evident that places are filling up so if you want some accomodation dont leave it too long :wink:
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby ade » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:54 pm

So how many are planning to go to this one then I shall be there in the Firenza at some stage
Big black and loud lol
ade
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby dann01 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:16 am

Hi Ade

I'll be there from the Friday with a gazebo on the in field and camping at the Donnington Farm (Hopefully)
Fred is going too
Mike From Sat

Haven't seen any others comfirm yet.

Dan
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby Fred Dukes » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:39 am

Come on Guys shake a leg this is going to be agreat gathering - there is also some classic Rallying according to CCW.
At £36 for 2 tickets for the whole 3 days you carnt go wrong :roll: and you still have the Bank Holiday Monday to do something else with the family :P
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby ade » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:35 pm

Yes the banned group B rally cars from the 80's will be racing against each other for the first time since the ban so I believe and not just doing demos.
Heres a link to there site if you havnt been to it yet
http://www.donington-park.co.uk/events/ ... -festival/
Big black and loud lol
ade
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:33 pm

Extract from email from Organisers

Car Club Update
Thank you to the more than 50 car clubs that have so far registered to attend the event. Car club ticket sales are going well, and we're looking forward to seeing you all represented at the Festival.

This newsletter is to update all clubs attending on the latest news and various 'housekeeping' issues for the weekend, and to encourage any clubs that haven't yet confirmed their registrations to get online and register with us!

Festival News
Senna tribute takes shape

The 2013 Donington Historic Festival is paying tribute to the late Ayrton Senna, marking the 30th anniversary of the first time Senna ever got behind the wheel of a Formula One car and the 20th anniversary of his phenomenal display of mastery over the rain in the 1993 European Grand Prix. Both events took place at Donington Park. Here's what's confirmed so far:

Senna's first Formula One race car - the famous 1984 Toleman TG-184-02 Hart turbo - will form part of a special Senna display in the paddock. This is the car that Senna drove to a spectacular second place in the Monaco GP. He overtook Alain Prost for the lead, but heavy rain stopped the race the following lap, robbing Senna of his first Grand Prix win.
Also on display in the paddock will be the 1986 JPS Lotus Renault Turbo in which Senna won the US GP at Detroit, plus the Donington Collection's own Williams FW08.
In 1982 Senna won the British and European F2000 Championships, and was rewarded with a drive in the season-end F3 race in a Ralt RT3. He, famously, won the race, and that very car will be demonstrated at the Donington Historic Festival.
We'll even have two rally cars - an MG Metro 6R4 and the Brooklyn Motorsport Ford Sierra RS Cosworth, both of which Senna test-drove in a Welsh forest in November 1986, for a feature that appeared in Car and Car Conversions magazine.

THREE car club parades

We're delighted to announce that we will be staging a car club parade on all three days of the Festival, giving more of your members the chance to take a trip round Donington Park. If you're an old hand at the event, you'll already know that we only have 100 places each day on the parades, so, with so many car clubs registering, most clubs will have just a small number of members's cars on parade. We leave the choice of cars to you - a diplomatic task I'm sure you're all more than capable of handling! Please note, on the Sunday, we will have just 50 club spaces on the parade, with the other 50 already allocated to a special commemorative event. More details on the logistics of the parades to follow.

Grids galore...

More than 400 iconic racing cars will take to the track, battling it out in a packed programme of races that form a living motorsport museum, showcasing racing machinery from the 1980s back to the beginnings of Grand Prix competition at Donington. The evocative spectacle of the pre-War Grand Prix cars in the HGPCA Nuvolari Trophy Race will take the circuit back to its very earliest days, while the Historic F2 cars, Formula Junior, ‘1000km’ for sports-racing cars and the mighty Group C beasts all bring pure motor racing to this hugely popular circuit. And some of the most beautiful road cars ever built will be seen as sports and touring cars spanning several decades take to the track for the JD Classics Challenge, U2TC, Masters pre-66 GT Gentlemen Drivers and Top Hat Touring Cars, E-type Challenge, Stirling Moss Trophy and Royal Automobile Club Woodcote Trophy.
Grids galore...
More than 400 iconic racing cars will take to the track, battling it out in a packed programme of races that form a living motorsport museum, showcasing racing machinery from the 1980s back to the beginnings of Grand Prix competition at Donington. The evocative spectacle of the pre-War Grand Prix cars in the HGPCA Nuvolari Trophy Race will take the circuit back to its very earliest days, while the Historic F2 cars, Formula Junior, ‘1000km’ for sports-racing cars and the mighty Group C beasts all bring pure motor racing to this hugely popular circuit. And some of the most beautiful road cars ever built will be seen as sports and touring cars spanning several decades take to the track for the JD Classics Challenge, U2TC, Masters pre-66 GT Gentlemen Drivers and Top Hat Touring Cars, E-type Challenge, Stirling Moss Trophy and Royal Automobile Club Woodcote Trophy.

The rally cars are coming!
Rallying with Group B and the Historic Rally Car Register (HRCR) are joining forces to stage spectacular live demonstrations at the Festival. The Melbourne Loop will see the legendary Group B rally machines in action; a powerful reminder of the 1980s, when Donington Park was an RAC Rally stage and Group B cars dominated the world of international rallying. The Melbourne Loop will also see stage and road rally cars from the HRCR – including, it is hoped, several iconic ex-works cars from the 1950s and 60s – tackle a mini stage-type course and autotest, showing just how nimble they can be, and demonstrating why historic rallying has become such a popular sport.

PLEASE REMEMBER, ALL CAR CLUB TICKETS HAVE TO BE BOOKED IN ADVANCE, AND CAR CLUB TICKET SALES CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT ON FRIDAY, APRIL 19TH!
http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=aff ... 5fb8a126f2
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby bedfordbad » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:08 am

As an avid formula 1 and ayrton senna fan this is just up my street, so im booked in to the donnington park farm campsite from thurs - sunday..... Dont think i will be bringing a viva down though but will certainly be calling over to the gazeebo to see you all from time to time....... :wink:
BEDFORD HAE AAB412H
BEDFORD HA ROMA UJJ742F
BEDFORD HA 130 TNN514R
VARIOUS HA VANS AND ROMA`S FOR SPARES.
bedfordbad
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:49 pm

Sound slike a great event and I am up for it, alas no Viva road legal at minute unless foolishly buy another :D
pbottomley

Postby Fred Dukes » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:08 pm

Did you sell Marvin in the end then?
I could lend you a car if you want :goodideasign:
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Next

Return to Events