HP Firenza 40th Anniversary celebration

Tell us all about what's happening and what you did

Re: HP Firenza 40th Anniversary celebration

Postby dann01 » Sun May 18, 2014 10:07 pm

Holly *Bleep*, HPF's, there's loads of em... That's it, they are too common. :wink:

Dan
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby 1972nail » Sun May 18, 2014 10:08 pm

dann01 wrote:Holly *Bleep*, HPF's, there's loads of em... That's it, they are too common. :wink:

Dan

Yeah, get a Sport SL and join the elite! :D
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby droopsnoot37 » Mon May 19, 2014 9:30 am

fouronthefloor wrote:Yes, a good day with superb weather & some great friendly people. The cars weren't bad either!

Just one small niggle.....it's a shame there was no appreciation or acknowledgement made of other cars/clubs that attended by the person from the DSG who made the speech at the start of the presentation. (no idea who it was, possibly even the president/chairman). We were invited after all & did nothing but enhance the event.

Otherwise, a big thank you to the DSG & Vauxhall Heritage Centre for hosting such an enjoyable day.

Oliver

That was kit spackman the Dsg founder. He probably never realised other clubs were there.
droopsnoot37
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Mon May 19, 2014 10:24 am

Maybe that was it (as there are quite a few DSG members with non-snooted cars of course), also maybe he wanted to keep it short to let Roy Cook get on with his speech. I'm sure there was no slight intended. As nice as it is to see 13 HPFs in one place, you're right to say that without all the other cars it would have been less of an event.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby Fred Dukes » Mon May 19, 2014 4:45 pm

I enjoyed the day - dont want to complain about the heatwave but it did not help Nick Morgan swopping an OHC engine out of my trailer for a OHC engine in his van - carted a "portable" engine lift in the back of my estate to save on hernias :roll: ( when we went in the building for the talk I spotted an engine lift which perhaps would have saved carting mine down with me :oops: )
Engine lift assembled - engines moved over - engine lift dismantled all in hour and a half and a bucket of perspiration :roll: - dont think there were any photos taken of the exersise but we felt a sense of job well done :wink:
Supplied another member with a OHV gearbox and Adian with an HB steering wheel - the only failure was the chap who wanted the the fan and the hazard warning light switch did not show. Aquired a set of trailing arms and an HC rear wheel arch repair panel :shock:
It was nice to see the Snoots gathered together - obviously their day -but it was also nice to see various other Viva/Firenzas. A bit more communication perhaps would have removed some of the expessed niggles.
As we were guests of the DSG it would have been nice to have had some sort of greeting.
Perhaps when DSG and any of the other Clubs turn up to our National at Rutland Park we will be able show them how it is done :P
There is a saying that if you do nothing you cant get it wrong :goodideasign:
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby fouronthefloor » Mon May 19, 2014 6:56 pm

droopsnoot wrote:Maybe that was it (as there are quite a few DSG members with non-snooted cars of course), also maybe he wanted to keep it short to let Roy Cook get on with his speech. I'm sure there was no slight intended. As nice as it is to see 13 HPFs in one place, you're right to say that without all the other cars it would have been less of an event.

There were a few murmurings from the audience at what was said (or more to the point, not said) so I'm quite sure the gentleman concerned was fully aware of the content of his speech.

Bearing in mind the welcome we were given & friendliness shown from individual members I just found this contrast incredibly rude & I don't like rudeness.

As Fred says, it would be good to have a bit of role reversal at other events (Rutland?) where we get the opportunity to rise above this level & show them how it should be done!

Oliver
fouronthefloor
SL Viva
SL Viva

Previous

Return to Events