Riviera Classic Car Show South Devon .

Tell us all about what's happening and what you did

Riviera Classic Car Show South Devon .

Postby Bobby Dale » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:31 pm

Hello everyone on this Sunny Sunday afternoon (we know a song about that ?)
Just come back in after spending a wonderful morning and afternoon down on Paignton Green in sunny Torbay ,
At the annual Classic Car show attached to Paignton(Formerly Torbay) Carnival Week now renamed the Riviera Classic Car Show organised by Torbay Classic car Club .
All the usual entry's of new and Old lots of local clubs predominantly 60's and 70's Fords and British Leyland types, with exotic imports from America , and the odd commercial too .
But Wait there was a couple of lovely examples of Vauxhall heritage on display Chris Swallow' immaculate HB GT mk1 and sporting a brand new set of double tail pipes ,and a local Chevette HS .
Bobby Dale
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: Riviera Classic Car Show South Devon .

Postby Bobby Dale » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:03 pm

Here are some of the photo's

Attachments
Bobby Dale
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Bobby Dale » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:11 pm

Here is a bigger picture of chris's car
Cheers Bobby
Bobby Dale
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Bobby Dale » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:22 pm

There was another Vauxhall entry but an Odd one a very tatty mk1 Cavalier standard except for some banded steel wheels 1600L interior very poor ,body not much better engine smoked well how can they allow this piece of scrap into a classic car show beats me ?
Bobby Dale
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby rattlyolddt » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:28 pm

Bobby Dale wrote:There was another Vauxhall entry but an Odd one a very tatty mk1 Cavalier standard except for some banded steel wheels 1600L interior very poor ,body not much better engine smoked well how can they allow this piece of scrap into a classic car show beats me ?
IMG_5915 copy.jpg

That piece of scrap may well be someone's pride and joy. Or at least someone's work in progress with a vision of what it is going to become.

It wasn't that long ago that Vivas were less popular and only enthused about by the die hard fans. Now thanks to blue oval prices sky rocketing and anything "old skool" fetching good money, interest in Vivas has increased and have risen in popularity as a classic car choice.

My own viva is far from from immaculate at the moment, but I sure as hell hope I'm not stopped from entering any classic car shows before it's "finished".
rattlyolddt
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby hbr341 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:05 pm

Hi Bobby
Thanks for posting the pics of my GT it looks good if you had seen it 9 years ago when i bought it the cavalier at the show was 100 times better mine had no floors in the front and loads of rust.

Regards Chris.
hbr341
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:58 pm

Mk1 Cavalier's are getting rare so well worth saving :P
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Return to Events