Re: VBOA Nation Rally 2019 6th 7th July Sywell

Postby pbottomley » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:46 pm

VVOC is Vauxhall Vectra Owners Club

the map now shows NO Viva Owners stand

Are we sure it's right?
pbottomley

Postby droopsnoot » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:30 pm

That's confusing then, as the map shows a VVOC stand (near the Manta club, as Fred said) and the Vectra Owners Club. Is there really a Vectra Owners Club, and a Vauxhall Vectra Owners Club?
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby pbottomley » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:03 pm

I would say its confusing as the VVOC and the Viva Owners were two seperate entities on older map.....
pbottomley

Postby Fred Dukes » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:45 pm

Marcus - our events secretary - said it was near the Manta Stand and he is the one who queried the size and position of the stand with the VBOA on the initial map
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby lord13 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:39 am

Maybe there are just too many viva clubs...ever thought of combining them all into one big friendly club where everybody gets along.... oh...wait . . . :wink:
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:37 am

I just saw a flock of pigs fly by Mitch :lol:
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby Fred Dukes » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:34 pm

We will hold our AGM on Saturday at approx. 2.00pm on the club stand- please print off an agenda from the attached.
Please note that if you wish to stand for one of the Committee positions please let me know your intent prior to the meeting - I would point out that PARTS COODINATOR role is vacant - I will not have access to emails - this Forum - Facebook after 11.00am Friday - you can reach me on my mobile 07757276985.
Attachments
Agenda AGM - VAUXHALL VIVA OWNERS CLUB.doc
(23.5 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby Fred Dukes » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:56 pm

Please be aware of the information and rules set out by the VBOA for conduct on the sight'
Hopefully we are in possession of the FINAL sight map
We have the plot marked "Viva Owners" as apposed to VVOC and it is between the Frontera Club and Modified Vauxhall Owners club to the right of the entrance.
Hope to see you there!
Attachments
VBOA Rally 2019 Information and Rules.pdf
(306.47 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby cooperman » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:42 pm

Just got back from a fantastic weekend at Sywell and I thought it was a great venue. Thanks to the committee for their hard work and thanks to all the members who made it to the show, I think everyone had a good time. Some pics to follow and look out for a write up in the next magazine.
cooperman
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby lord13 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:10 am

Firstly let me say the Viva club stand was excellent, it was set out properly with all the cars facing the 'public' , a good selection which was varied from modded to standard, a nice array of HA, HB and HC's all looking excellent, and plenty of them, it was a credit to the clubs organisation and ability to put on a good show. Sorry we didn't say hi or anything but we were rushing round a little to enable us to get to another show nearer home, namely Baston car show at Grimsthorpe Castle.

The rest of the event? Pretty shoddy all round by my reckoning. It was so bad that we wished we had not bothered and just gone to Baston for the entire day.
Why? Well for one thing why must the VBOA insist on roping off all the cars with bunting? Some of the stands we were unsure of the entrance so didn't bother to look round, just walked past. Also the tents put us off as they seemed to be dotted in between the cars and looked more like a campsite than a club stand, it felt like we were walking through someones holiday rather than a show. The food vans were very sparse, there were really no trade stands to speak of, my daughter was looking for the sweet stand and the slush puppy stand from previous years. She was pretty disappointed when I told her that those were only at Billing and she'd have to wait for Vauxfest for those.
It was also the 50th anniversary of the Bedford CF, where were they? I found out later that they were stuck behind the food vans along with the VX/490 club, no wonder we didn't see them.
The entrance put me off as soon as I got there, it was like a car boot entrance, nothing like an entrance to what should be the biggest Vauxhall bedford opel event of the year.
I know people will say 'oh this was their first year at Sywell, they're just finding their feet' etc etc ...bull****, they've had 2 years of finding their feet at MH, learning how to put on a show without the backup of a proper resort/venue, and MH was trying to get better ( yes I know I slated MH but against this years effort at Sywell it was pretty good), maybe they should have stayed with LMF? I don't know, but until the VBOA go back to a proper venue, it will always be *Bleep*. Billing was good because it was a holiday park with their own visitors, so there were many pedestrian visitors to the show, not just club members with their cars, it made for a good atmosphere and it looked busy, these 'closed shop' efforts that the vboa put on are empty of the casual day visitor and it shows.
The VBOA should just go back to Billing or some other such resort/showground and open it to the public to get a good attendance for once , or they might as well just not bother and let 'vauxfest' take over as the annual vauxhall show....
This VBOA effort can no longer be called 'the big one', it's a damp squib and is dead in the water.
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

PreviousNext

Return to Events