Drive it Day

Tell us all about what's happening and what you did

Drive it Day

Postby cooperman » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:09 am

Drive it day will be the 28th April this year, a chance to enjoy your cars out on the road and possibly meet up with like minded people.
cooperman
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Re: Drive it Day

Postby Fred Dukes » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:53 pm

Sun 28th April & Sun 4th August 2019 Central England Vauxhall pre-1980 Meets
Near Droitwich, Worcestershire

April 28th & August 4th 2019 from 10am until 2.30pm at the Webbs of Wychbold Garden Centre, A38 Worcester Road, Wychbold, Droitwich, Worcs, WR9 0DG.
All pre-1980 Vauxhalls in any condition are more than welcome! Just turn up on the day, it’s free! Food & drink available from 10am. Centrally located and only 2 minutes from Junction 5, M5 motorway. ***Not Webbs of West Hagley !***
More info please contact Steve on 07854 675646
Attachments
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby Fred Dukes » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:44 pm

Had a trip over to the Webb's garden centre and took the Bedford CA Aristocrat - 90 miles round trip - quite a trip for a 61 year old - not me - the CA. Marcus was also an attendee with his 1800 estate. The weather was somewhat wintery at about 8c (compared with last weekends 25c :roll: ) and with a slight hint of dampness in the air.
Steve mace, the organiser, was there with his, work in progress Victor Estate. There were a couple more Vivas from Jerry Cook and my old Goldie - didn't realise until I checked the reg when I got home.
Attachments
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby cooperman » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:08 pm

Wow, it was Goldie then! An enjoyable drive out and meet. Did anyone else get out and about today?
cooperman
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Colin » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:36 am

Ah, I could have driven down to this meeting. Steve Mace included me in the email list a few weeks ago and like an idiot I forgot about it!

Having now got the white GT back together I took it out for a drive yesterday. It's running pretty well now with rebuilt carbs.

Not a Viva but also pictured here is one of my other projects - an ultra rare 5 speed VX Series 490. Mike Nash keeps the 5 speed VX 490 register and thinks there are now only fifteen examples left in the UK (some of which are basket cases) with another six known on the continent, so it's very much an endangered species.

This is one of only 3 known surviving 1977 model cars. Vauxhall had originally planned the car to have fuel injection and this early car is actually registered on its V5 as a VX 490 FI - although it's a twin carburettor car.

See you at the weekend at Donnington Park! :)
Attachments
Colin
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Return to Events