Western Park, Staffordshire

Tell us all about what's happening and what you did

Postby Fred Dukes » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:03 pm

This was a 2 day event (Easter Sunday and Monday) which I attented with my HC Estate. Sunday was the best turn out of the 2 days for vehicles and Monday seemed to have the better autojumble.
I entered as an individual and pitched up on my own for Sunday but got aninvite to join the VDC stand on the Monday.
There was a reasonable showing of Vivas over the 2 days and I managed to spot 4 Viva HA's, 2 HB's, and 3 HC's including my own.
1 HC was a rather nice Sports Hatch!
Also a Chevette HS and Chevette Estate (hav'nt seen many of those about) which tok my eye.
Finally I think I came across the ultimate challenge for Sid - there was a guy with an RR Merline engine mounted on a trailer which he took into the ring and ran it up about 4 times during the day - would it go into an HA?!!

Fred
HC 56
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby Sid » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:22 pm

Ha ha, I remember drooling over a Rolls Royce Merlin engine at the air museum where we had the national rally a few years back
(Duxford?).
All I could think about was wanting to put it in a HB :-)

I also had the same fantasies about a Jet engine that was for sale on the autojumbe at Tatton park a few years ago!

Sid

----- Original Message -----

>
> Finally I think I came across the ultimate challenge for Sid - there was a guy with an RR Merline engine mounted on a trailer
> which he took into the ring and ran it up about 4 times during the day - would it go into an HA?!!
>

This post was made via email to the Vauxhall Viva Owners Club
Visit us at www.vauxhallviva.com
Sid
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Wed May 03, 2006 3:08 pm

Fred, I went on the Sunday (I think) for a look round and I remember seeing your Viva estate. I missed the Sportshatch - from the description I got from a guy in a red early HC, sounds like it was Martin Richards' car, fitted with a Lotus twin-cam engine.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby ade » Sun May 14, 2006 8:50 am

droopsnoot wrote:Fred, I went on the Sunday (I think) for a look round and I remember seeing your Viva estate. I missed the Sportshatch - from the description I got from a guy in a red early HC, sounds like it was Martin Richards' car, fitted with a Lotus twin-cam engine.

it was martins i bought it off him in january it had been parked up for 5 years i have just sold it on to a guy from dudley he made an offer i couldnt refuse. i will have my firenza back on the road in the next week or so, so i would not be using it then
ade
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Events