Melton Mowbray

Tell us all about what's happening and what you did

Melton Mowbray

Postby edgoose1 » Wed May 17, 2006 3:04 pm

Does ny one know about a new show in Melton Mowbray on the last Friday of every moth. I was told it started last month ?
edgoose1
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Pork Pie » Wed May 17, 2006 5:00 pm

its the jag brigade and their friends get together in the town centre, there was about 40 cars. If you want more info i can find out for you. It was a cheese and win thing.

The big show is this bank holiday weekend. over 100 cars and a mega big show for all the family (so the papers say) i`ve always gone and taken a classic (Viva or Manta) as it gets you free entery. Alan always comes in his mint HC estate and we`ve seen the other odd Viva turn up. The classic car line up is near the beer tent ( big help) and it takes place over the whole day. One thing is that is has never rained for the 6 years i`ve been going (i know there is always a first) but my family enjoy it. Big bonus is that its a 15 min walk from my front door and i always forget something. Its not . So if there is anyone close to the area and is stuck for something to do, bring your Viva, the classics rang from stunning to my O my God, what`s that.
Pork Pie

Postby edgoose1 » Wed May 17, 2006 5:51 pm

which day is it over the weekend, what day are you going?
edgoose1
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Pork Pie » Wed May 17, 2006 5:54 pm

its on the monday only. There`s more details to follow in next weeks Melton times so i can let anyone interested know then
Pork Pie

Melton mowbray show 29th May

Postby Pork Pie » Sat May 27, 2006 10:09 am

The show on Monday is an all day. Its got all the big show stuff, a good day out for the family, big fair, car boot, BEER TENT and lots of other stuff for the other half and kids to keep them busy. Weather looks doggy but i`ll be taking the old beast. Got to be down there for around 8:30 to 9:00. Its all sign posted so you carnt get too lost.
Pork Pie

Postby edgoose1 » Sat May 27, 2006 7:23 pm

Paul i will hopefully be going is it open parking for the classic cars. Also do you have a GLS / Magnum passenger side arm rest in black as i am after one.
Carl
edgoose1
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Pork Pie » Sat May 27, 2006 7:50 pm

its open parking, plus at least you can get a parking spot as parking in melton on melton day is rather hard.
I`ve got every colour arm rest apart from black, as sodds law the black ones went out with a job lot to N Ireland and i have none left in black
Pork Pie

Postby Pork Pie » Mon May 29, 2006 10:10 pm

well im please to admit my old Viva won a prize, yep old red won freak of the show. Just goes to show you you dont need to splash out to win big prizes ( well a bit of paper). With coments of what the f**ks that doing here or what is it. I did enjoy wheel spinning mud all over the Stag club on making get away from a rain soaked show. O he who has sod all, yet gives so much (well to the last two Stags in the line anyhow)
Pork Pie

Melton Mowbray

Postby kellyharding » Mon May 29, 2006 10:21 pm

Why doesn't that surprise me. LOL

Kelly

This post was made via email to the Vauxhall Viva Owners Club
Visit us at www.vauxhallviva.com
kellyharding

Postby pbottomley » Mon May 29, 2006 10:22 pm

well it was damn lucky I was due to be ther with the red HC, would of had a hard job deciding between the two of us :D :D :D
pbottomley

Next

Return to Events