Billing Bash

Tell us all about what's happening and what you did

Postby Tigran » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:43 pm

Eww god no :shock:

Mig (its the first letter of each of the founders names) is the biggest vauxhall community about.

www.migweb.co.uk
Slippin, Slidin, Glidin, Lowridin'

1964 Rover P5 i6
1976 Vauxhall Viva Coupe - The Judge - DET baby!
1988 BMW 525e - The Rusty Streak

Have a look at GS Autoworks Facebook page, it's more amazing than levitation!
Tigran
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:49 am

Well got one of my Billing passes today !! woooo hoooo now its just the tent, sleeping bag, kettle, cup etc etc etc OHH and the cars to sort LOL time is running out! How are others doing ???? 8)
pbottomley

Billing Bash

Postby Fred Dukes » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:33 am

It was one of those moments - do I still have MoT for Billings - OOOOH! dear me or words to that effect. Down the local Garage and hope I get one of those results which are few and far between - an MoT clean! Well the Gods were smiling and with a bit of banter with the MoT man to keep his mind occupied I came away with 2 advisories. So yes Paul I have a good start to achieving an appearance at Billings even be it only on Sunday!!
It will be the Green HC Estate. Good luck with your preparations and see you all there.
Fred
----- Original Message -----
To: events@vauxhallviva.com (events@vauxhallviva.com)
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2006 8:49 AM
Subject: Billing Bash

Well got one of my Billing passes today !! woooo hoooo now its just the tent, sleeping bag, kettle, cup etc etc etc OHH and the cars to sort LOL time is running out! How are others doing ???? Image

This email was sent from the vauxhall viva owners club forum
Visit us at www.vauxhallviva.com

This post was made via email to the Vauxhall Viva Owners Club
Visit us at www.vauxhallviva.com
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby Clara » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:08 pm

I was going to try and come over on the Sunday but it appears that the garage working on my little car are going much slower than planned...

MUCH slower.

And no I don't know why when they are waiting for spares for the engine (they broke my ring gear!!!) they can't do the welding - apparently they have to do things in order on their little list.
It's sweet they let people like that have jobs.

:cry:
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby pbottomley » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:48 pm

ERRRR if they broke your ring gear, why didnt they use the other flywheel off the old engine?

And what spares do they need? its a full engine I should know I lifted the sodding thing LOL :wink:
pbottomley

Postby mazzo » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:09 am

Car isn't ready but I am! Going Friday afternoon.

Shame I'm not in my Viva but I think I'll be like a kid in a sweet shop with everyone else's there.
1971 1600 HC DeLuxe
1971 Green 2 door HC Base model
1978 Red 4 door Viva E from new
1969 HB 1159 4 door SL
mazzo
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Clara » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:55 am

pbottomley wrote:ERRRR if they broke your ring gear, why didnt they use the other flywheel off the old engine?

And what spares do they need? its a full engine I should know I lifted the sodding thing LOL :wink:

They broke the ring gear on that one too - dropped one engine onto other by the look of it.

New clutch (got bashed with the flywheel), core plugs, they say there is something wrong with the dizzy (and there isn't so I've cleaned the old one up and they seemed very happy to recieve "new" shiny one), oh and the best one is "the sump is leaking" (well durr you've taken half of the screws out).

Alas they are taking me for a girly girl and not a girl who spent years working on rusty cars for a living.

Fear not they have been verbally beaten and I'm waiting to move the car out asap.
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Pork Pie » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:12 pm

I too wont be in my viva. Head has ruled the heart, too much stuff to bring down means modern motoring for me this year
Pork Pie

Postby pbottomley » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:24 pm

HOrrah Horrah !! the HA has a full MOT and tax, thats 12 months on both, the interior is sorted, the radio is working its washed and ready to rumble!!! see you all there, will aslo be comming with VJ the red HC as well.

BIlling Burgers here we come
pbottomley

Postby pbottomley » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:05 am

Weather report for Billing as follows:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2835
pbottomley

PreviousNext

Return to Events