Viva Borealis

Tell us all about what's happening and what you did

Postby pbottomley » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:36 pm

A national in the peaks would be a great idea.... I went there on holiday this year and it was a fantastic week, lots of hills to chug up, lots of hiolls to come flying down preying the brakes would owrk, and loads of good pubs, food, views etc.

maybe some northern / midlands people that cannot make the official south do this year could do a mini meet just for the hell of it?

I know a few good campsites / pub car parks :D
pbottomley

Postby hbpeter » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:03 pm

Sounds like a good idea Paul, as far as I know the most north the club met came was near Coventry.
Peter
hbpeter
Register Rep

rally

Postby Sid » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:10 pm

A northern rally, "Viva Borealis", sounds like a great idea in principle if there was sufficient interest.

I might even find the motivation to get off my *rse and try to get my car through an MOT this time :-)

Sid

This post was made via email to the Vauxhall Viva Owners Club
Visit us at www.vauxhallviva.com
Sid
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Pork Pie » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:14 pm

Now even i`d be up for a weekend of unofficial beer drinking and trying to cook. Plus i`d get to bring the new one out for a run, im sure others would be up for it as well. Any ideas on location then Paul? as you did mention it
Pork Pie

Postby pbottomley » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:45 pm

well I will orgainse something for a time soon to announce... I will make sure its not the same dates as the national.

Adrians hard work should not be overlooked in getting the excelent Hopps Farm (been there its great)

Everyone BUT everyone from the darkest depths of Cornwall to the Far north of Scotland would be welcome, Viva or not!

I am aiming for the Peak district so thats central for everyone, 60 miles north for me, 20 miles west for sheffield, 30 miles east for Manchester, and 40 miles south for leeds. About right i think??

I like the "Viva Borealis" idea Sid...

Remember the "Drive Ian's Car Home" event comes first, so my attention (plus the three vivas I have, and the website) will take up a lot of my time, but if the truth be known I had done a lot of thinking about this as an event already (not as an alternative national but just as a weekend away).

I had a plan for a day-time drive out around the peaks for those so intrested, (1:4 hills on single lane roads in places so be warned). I have a route of around 30 miles already planned out with lots of great roads, views things to do etc.

Also I know some fantatsic walks on the peaks and to top it all If I can get the right campsite a damn good barbque evening, music and the beer.

[/b]
pbottomley

Postby Pork Pie » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:50 pm

Up for beer, and barby. Big hills in an untested viva Hmmmmm, walks, well staggering, late at night. When your ready let the world know, im sure there will be others who`ll turn up in good numbers too. Thing is Paul will you need to borrow my tent again or will you have your new rally tent by then?
Pork Pie

Postby hbpeter » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:21 pm

sounds good to me, about 90-100 miles, not too bad. As for the walking bit, we own cars why walk!!
Peter
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby pbottomley » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:39 pm

Not wanting to Hijack the national Ihave therefor split away the messages about Viva Borealis to a new thread :D :D :D
pbottomley

Postby AUTOMAN » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:43 pm

Could we not change the date of my run and incorperate it with this idea. we have a campsite that is willing to take us for a sleep-over, the date's would just need ammending from the ones that I have suggested. Maybe the last weekend in August or the first weekend in September.

Ian.
AUTOMAN

Postby pbottomley » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:46 pm

Its a good idea Ian, I think i need to fix a date fast, will get on that tomorrow, had a good pub recommendation today thats 5 miles form where i was looking so will call them tomorrow and if all okay will let everyone know of dates and locations etc
pbottomley

Next

Return to Events