Viva Borealis

Tell us all about what's happening and what you did

Postby pbottomley » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:26 am

ERRR there is an issue Ian, did you want to have the silver estate visit the National? If so then It cannot also go to my event! as I specifically wanted to make sure it was on differant dates so it didnt bleed the national dry of visitors!

If however due to distances from Scotland you are not going to the National rally with the Silver estate then its okay.

Be aware this event is not a 100% static display event its an event that features driving!!!! :shock: :shock: Dont look at this event as sitting on your AR_SES next to your cars, look at this as get up and go....

Drive around the country side, attempt some hills, enjoy the cattle grids, stop at a few spots for rests (well the car anyway) and return back for a beer or two :lol:

The route is around 25 - 30 miles so its not the end of the world in terms of distance, and I will be setting some questions for those who attempt the route. Winners of the questions (Not time but brain power) will recive a reward.

So get your eyes and ears open if you attempt the route, rewards are availble. :!:
pbottomley

Postby AUTOMAN » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:55 am

If your event and the National are on different weekends, then there is no problem. The help that people are giving me to get the car from Scotland could collect people for your the vivaborealis on the way through the North. Then down and over to you for your bash, before we continue to Cardiff.

I could Then get either a family member or friend to drive my car to the National and back to cardiff for me, just as they do now on a normal family day-trip.

It would still give us a chance to collect some more cash at the national for the guid-dogs, and I could even put together a display of pictures etc explaining what we had just done with the car previously and also details of your bash. That way we may get a few more people involved in viva's.

What do you think.
AUTOMAN

Postby pbottomley » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:25 pm

Dates are now being sorted, 9th and 10th of Septeber , more details as they are sorted
pbottomley

Postby pbottomley » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:13 pm

Okay people I have booked a campsite for us all to meet up at, for the "Viva Borealis" event.

I have provisionally booked 20 spaces (e.g. 20 cars and tents) Its going to cost £7 a head, that included camping Friday and Saturday nights.

We have been asked to NOT rev our engines, NOT to wheel spin on the grass (at this point I did remind her we were a VIVA club!) ....

The only issue the owner has is the number of Visitors to the campsite, they had a club come last year that paid for 10 people to camp and had 100's turn up, using the facilities of the camp site.

With that in mind I am going to limit this to the first 20 cars.....

Campsite details here : http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=2596 Has a cafe on site for cooked breakfasts as well

Beer stop 200 yards away at a nice pub called the Travellers Rest http://www.sallydog.co.uk/travellersrest/index.html.

Daytime event has been organised and cars will be expected to take part in a one hour (maybe2 hour) drive of approximately 30 miles, Prizes for using your brain on the drive not the right foot.
pbottomley

Postby pbottomley » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:20 pm

In case people need a map ?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=S33+6RB+,&ie=UTF8&ll=53.345255,-1.722461&spn=0.018344,0.034161&t=h&om=1

Please let me know via Direct email if your up for it.
pbottomley

Postby Clara » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:25 pm

*yey*
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Clara » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:30 pm

pbottomley wrote:Please let me know via Direct email if your up for it.

:shock:
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:34 pm

Paul, both myself and my wife are in, but of course you knew that.

Ian,
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby pbottomley » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:33 pm

Well Sid,

Its arranged, booked and orgainised, so get your car MOT'd.... I am looking forward to that long overdue beer!

As for the rest of you, I have heard from 4 people now plus myself, so comeon an get your names down, EVERYONE is welcome.... :D
pbottomley

Viva Borealis

Postby Sid » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:41 pm

Yeah, great work Paul.
I really want to be able to get there, so I'm gonna have to start work on the car next week in the hope of having it fit for an MOT
before the end of the month, and just hope the new MOT chap goes easy on it.

Sadly, due to the uncertainty I'm not gonna be able to put my name down for the event until after the MOT, which probably won't be
until bank holiday week (when I'm off work), assuming there's any places left by then.
I really hope I can get it sorted out in time. I'd hate to miss out on possibly the first ever true northern viva event!

Sid

This post was made via email to the Vauxhall Viva Owners Club
Visit us at www.vauxhallviva.com
Sid
GT Viva
GT Viva

PreviousNext

Return to Events