Viva Borealis

Tell us all about what's happening and what you did

Postby AUTOMAN » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:43 pm

There is no reason why we as a club could not organise some events at a few places arround the country, but we would need to be sure of the sort of attnadences we would get.

If enough people are interested in northen, midland or welsh events, then I would be quite happy to become a representitave and start organising something. Chistmas lunches, old viva or even Vauxhall film showings, the list is endless and so are the possabilities. We need to act like a club and not just people who share a common type of car. Pigion clubs dont just fly birds etc so why don't we make it more about the social events as well as the cars, that way people will be less inclined to fight between themselvs, than they would be to fight a true friend.

The spirit of both the Vivaborealis and A Drive For Independence, shows that it can be done and hopefully will in the future, time after time after time.

Ian.
AUTOMAN
AUTOMAN

Postby cossieviva » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:50 pm

if i get the firenza mot,ed count me in
cossieviva

Postby pbottomley » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:38 pm

Right I hate to offer choices as it normally delays things, but I have been contacted by another of the campsites in the area where we plan to set up (a much nicer one, in the village of HOPE and not 1 miles out of town.)

They all of a sudden took notice when I said the magic words Charity ... They are a bit more expensive £25 (e.g. £12.50 per night) But they are willing to give us room to display, have offered to donate to the charity (not sure if that means 1p or more?).

They would also charge £2 per day per car if you are just comming for the day to show your car and not pitch a tent, again they have asked that it be limited to 20 or so cars max, (we can agree to up this to 40 plus as long as we give them a 10 day notice and pay a nice deposit)

Seriiously they have asked us not wheel spin and or rev engines (I get the idea that the HOPE vally has been used by some bad car clubs before???) So be warned Clara no drag racing push bikes. :P

Here is a link to their site

http://www.lanesidecaravanpark.co.uk/

I would like a quick session of feedback today if possible on this alternate site (at least three pubs within walking distance, local shops and petrol station within 500 yards)

Remember all the costs are going to the campsites not to a good cause like MY BEER and or Iasn charity...

One last point to remember, the other campsite is next to the railways line, this one is not!
pbottomley

Postby cossieviva » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:43 pm

im up for that one mate should be a bit better than trains flying past :shock:
cossieviva

Postby Clara » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:11 pm

pbottomley wrote:So be warned Clara no drag racing push bikes. :P

Oh but I've been polishing up the chrome on my unicycle all morning! :cry:
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:18 pm

I'm with you Paul, no problems regarding wheel-spinning estc, as I haven't used my wheelchair for about 3 weeks now.

Ian.
AUTOMAN

Viva Borealis

Postby Fred Dukes » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:16 am

The alternative venue sounds more flexible and allows for those who don't or cant camp and would still like to pitch up for the day.

This post was made via email to the Vauxhall Viva Owners Club
Visit us at www.vauxhallviva.com
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby pbottomley » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:37 am

UMMM I made a mistake :oops: :oops: I have re-read their email to me, and it says £2 per additional car per night (that implies that you have already paid for camping and have an extra car with you). Not £2 per car if not camping

I am emailing them today to ask about PARKING costs if you are not camping, remember this is a campsite and not a carpark.

As far as I understand the costs are as follows:

Camping Friday and Saturday nights including 1 car = £22.50
Camping Saturday Night only including 1 car = £11.25
Additional cars (if you have paid for camping) = £2 per car per night
Parking Fee per day if not camping = ?????? (finding out so hold onto your replies)
pbottomley

Postby pbottomley » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:45 pm

Not that I am trying to blackmail anyone, but so far we have Ian (and wife), Clara (and BF) and Me (and Kelly) for the Viva Borialis event... Its almost not worth running this event. A lot of time and effort is needed by me before the event in order to make it happen, and for 2 other memebrs its not worth it.

What happened to all those intrested people who have now gone all quiet when an alternative northern meet is arranged? :roll:

Come on people its a weekend away, beer, pubs, barabeques, and fun, what more do you want? :D :D :D

I will give people a few more days to private message me and say they are comming, before I scrap the event, and or change the event totally so its not a VVOC event at all but a meet for more eager peebs!
pbottomley

Postby pbottomley » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:38 pm

Well done I now have 4 definate names (me, clara, Ian and les Irvine) and possible 4 others (Fred, Sid, Paul and John).

I am going to contact a few other people directly but if I can double this number we are game on four people is still to few to run this event

I have done some driving routes already and will produce some maps and directions for people so you will not get lost, unless your totally useless with a map. :wink:

Most important a set of questions for you all to answer so I know you have a). done the route and b). used your heads.. like I said prizes for the winner speed will not equal a winner!
pbottomley

PreviousNext

Return to Events